Blender Addons Won't Appear

I am having an issue with Blender not registering or loading add-ons. Blender 2.79, 2.80 and 2.81.

I tried to add one in, and followed the steps in several different ways (.zip files, .py files etc.) and none of them seemed to allow an add-on to appear on the add-ons list. At first, I assumed it was the add-on I was using. I purchased Auto-Rig Pro from Artell.

I installed by going into user preferences -> Add-ons, Install/install from file -> select the .zip file. A blue bar at the bottom says I installed the module. I check the list of add-ons and it doesn’t appear. To verify it was installed, I checked the Blender Info Log. I get the following line;

" Modules Installed () from ‘C:\Users\Maker\Downloads\auto_rig_pro.zip’ into ‘C:\Users\Maker\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons’ "

I have also repeated this install in blender versions 2.79, 2.80 and 2.81. The same issue persists. I then tried to install a different add-on. I googled a free blender 2.80 addon, and tried it with Driver-Constraint-Addon-Master. I followed the same steps for install, and on each version of blender, it failed to properly install or in the very least, just won’t appear on the add-ons list so I can enable it.

I also browsed the blenderartists forum for my issue, and tried removing any " . " in the zip file names, and that didn’t seem to work either.

Is there something I am doing wrong when installing?

addon has probably been installed!
find the instructions on how to use the addon !

happy bl

You could double check the folder where they installed. Make sure they are indeed there (and that there are no unnecessary extra levels of folders present). Also, for the addon you mentioned I think there are two completely different versions depending on which version of Blender you are using.

The author of the addon might be the best person to contact to troubleshoot this.

1 Like

I have contacted the author, and as it turns out, there was 3 .zip files inside the .zip folder I was using. I had to unzip, then install each one of the three individually for the addon to work. This was the same with both cases.

If you are having the same issue, try looking inside the .zip for other .zip and .py files.

1 Like