Blender / Adobe conflicts? - Please Help

Hi, I have a new (used) mac (PowerBook G4, OSX 10.4.11) and have used blender + adobe together for years now, on many different macs. Have never had this issue before:

Photoshop CS4 was already installed, and worked fine. THEN I installed the latest Blender - no problems running blender. BUT (immediately after installing Blender) Photoshop CS4 started crashing immediately when opened. Again, no problem opening/running Blender - but the immediate change to PS after installing Blender, seemed clearly to have been the culprit somehow.

Then today, I installed a new Photoshop CS4 + AE 6 Pro - and NOW BLENDER CRASHES immediately when opened. Anyone know what the heck is happening here?

Have you tried disabling the opengl drawing in Photoshop? I have a feeling that might be the culprit.

Mayhap the infecundity of consequent resolution is deridingly manifest. Lo, it might well be induced by my grievously inebriated brain sputtering inept verbal excrement.

(I must really quit reading too much ‘empowered’ :wink:

I’d originally penned an eloquently executed response to said gracious suggestion - but then the damn internet fucked up !

Basically, it said I’ll give it a shot :slight_smile: thanks H