Blender and Zbrush 2

Well, I know some people managed to bring models into blender from Zbrush 1, but is Zbrush 2 fully compatiable with Zbrush 2?

If so, what can be done what cannot, can you import models into Zbrush 2? Can you import models from blender into Zbrush 2?

Zbrush 2 can import/export OBJ file format with no probelms at all. So yes, Blender and Zbruah 2 can work together. I have done it, so no worries.

BgDM

And what about Displacement Maps and Normal Maps, can they be used in Blender ?

And what about Displacement Maps and Normal Maps, can they be used in Blender ?[/quote]

Yes and yes. but from what I understand about blenders current normal mapping capabilities, it is borked for anything apart from a flat plane.

displacement maps from zbrush are downsampled to 8 bits [from 16] and look really bad in blender.

normal maps would have to be in object space, and also have the same problem [though probably don’t look as bad]. I’ve not seen anybody comment on this approach [you would probably need to find the correct settings in zbrush and blender, which nobody has posted here]

Zbrush 1 or Zbrush 2?

I’ve never had any troubles with Normal / Displace maps… yes the quality is downsized though with tweaking of the values along with a little photoshopping and working with a big enough image you’ll get great results.

Also the new Zmapper is awesome that you can apply a mesh’s normal map to ANOTHER base mesh, which means for most things a big save in time.