Blender Animators' feedback needed: GSOC Aligorith

From here: http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2011-dev/2011-June/000086.html

I assume posting on his blog would be best, but if people can’t or won’t I can point him here.

I think I may be feeling the impact of this decision to not make new actions have the fake user flag set to True.

My frameChange AddOn creates an empty that spins. So I have python code that generates an action. What I am experiencing is that in a recent release r37181 after I save a file and reload it, my empty is no longer spinning. I look in the outliner and sure enough, the action is gone.

I thought this code change would respect the fact that if an action is in use, it would not be discarded. But that does not seem to be the case if the action was created via python code.

i think actions have a use_fake_user property you can set…

Atom: Cheers! Bug fixed http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=37334

Just posting to show that I am curious to see what happens here. As a relative newcomer to animating with blender, I don’t feel that I have much of an opinion as of yet.

A new poll is now up:

I tried posting on your site and it is confusing. I’m not sure if my comments actually got submitted so I’ll just post here. Sorry if multiple posts happened.

#1:
If Dopesheet keyframes could appear in the timeline (i.e. make those vertical lines grabbable and moveable like in C4D) that would be great

In the Dopesheet, when I insert a keyframe, it leaves any previous keyframes selected. This really slows down my workflow be cause then I am constantly pressing A, then B, box selecting the new keyframes and then G to grab and move the newly inserted keyframe. If Blender simply deselected all other keyframes when I insert a keyframe, I could skip the A-B key combination and simply grab the newly created keyframes.

Also, what do you think about the B-Key simply being always on in the Dopesheet? I am always wanting to box select in the Dopesheet yet I have to press the B-Key constantly. I notice that in the graph editor I can click and drag a box to select multiple channels. Transfer this functionality directly to the Dopesheet so I can simply draw a box around keyframes.

I tried posting on your site and it is confusing. I’m not sure if my comments actually got submitted so I’ll just post here. Sorry if multiple posts happened.
same thing happens to me

I think this structure could save space and facilitate reading in the NLA: