blender build help - MVSC++ library problem

Hi,

I have express MVSC++, blender source downloaded via svn (with all dependend libraries).

Problem is that I’m building the code I’m missing header files like python.h, SDL.h, al.h, etc…I have them under lib folder but maybe they are not linked to the project?

Pls. how can I fix this?

Did you create/modify your user-config.py to point to the correct folders?

I can not find that file…I’m using cMake…

I’m slowly managing to add necessary libraries but I have a problem with VCOMP.LIB (compiler it can not find).

The problem is that I have MVS Express and OPEN MP (that should include VCOMP.LIB) is not supoprted in this version.

Pls. can you help me with this?

miroslav_karpis:

• have you got the necessary libs stored in <svn-root>/libs/windows? (where <svn-root> has got your “blender” folder that corresponds with trunk/blender/)
  • before compiling you need to run the vcvars32.bat or so that’s found under the msvc directory (you could also try running from the msvc command prompt)
  • don’t try to compile with openmp… it only works for msvc professional or so

thanks for reply. Here are my answers

miroslav_karpis:

• have you got the necessary libs stored in <svn-root>/libs/windows? (where <svn-root> has got your “blender” folder that corresponds with trunk/blender/)
    yes
  • before compiling you need to run the vcvars32.bat or so that’s found under the msvc directory (you could also try running from the msvc command prompt)
    yes - I did now before compyling and the result is the same (VCOMP.LIB missing)
  • don’t try to compile with openmp… it only works for msvc professional or so
    pls. how can I desable it?

WITH_BF_OPENMP=False

It helps to read the scons documentation available in the doc/ directory,and checking what options can be set by checking the config/win32-vc-config.py file and set that in either your user-config.py, or in a custom named config file (which can be used by giving it to BF_CONFIG=customconfigfile on the command-line), or giving it on the command-line.

/Nathan ‘mister SCons’ Letwory

jesterKing: thanks. Now I compiled build with scons. The question is: can I debug the build in MSVC++? Or do I have to use scons?

You can debug with any debugger that can attach to a blender process and understands the debug information. set BF_DEBUG=1 and you get a build with the necessary symbols enabled.

I use windbg often to debug, but whenever a crash happens you should be able to have it opened in VS IDE automatically (ok, a click or two is needed).

/Nathan