Blender can't find Python 2.6.2

After some time away- I downloaded the latest Blender for Windows. I following Blender’s recommendation to download the latest Python also.
Now I am getting a message in the Command window as follows:

Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
’ import site’ failed; use -v for traceback
Checking for installed Python… No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

I am wondering if I should install Python to some other location in order for Blender to find it.
Also, I wonder if this “problem” is due to my Python 2.7.1 being newer than what Blender looks for?
My new Python is located in the root directory C:
There is also an older version 2.2.3 installed- I wonder if I should remove it?

Help is much appreciated
RegH

yes, the problem is your python 2.7 is to new. you have to install ptthon 2.6.X… 2.7 is a different version. the first two didgits must be the same. instal python 2.6 and it should work fine. http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/

Yes, Python 2.6.x is what you need.
But you’ll also need to add python to your system PATH too. Here’s a page I found that shows you how: http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/setting-up-windows-python-path-system-variable.php

I couldn’t find the original page on blender.org that explains the same thing but it used to be there.

Yayyyy!!! Thanks so much! Running slick as owl poop!
Also- a ‘thank you’ to loopduplicate… I appreciate your input.
What’s nice is I did not have to do anything with setting path, etc. I guess this Blender knows what do with it.
In the little CMD window it says “Looking…” then “Found!..” Cool.
I would like to remove the other Python versions if I dont need them, but for now I am happy.

Sidebar: I just realized I discovered Blender 8 years ago. I am so slow. Now I am determined to get serious and learn to import meshes to Second Life. I have a thousand ideas for things to make for sale there.

A happy Christmas wish to you all, Christians or not :slight_smile:
RegH