Blender Certification Program Enquiry

Hi. I would like to know if an average user like me is legally able to teach my knowledge in Blender.

I want to offer some of my skills to less fortunate students and even general public.

I’m not part of the Blender foundation and have made no significant contributions to the Blender Entity.

But I would still very much like to at least show young guys there are options and avenues to be explored , especially with the Blender core philosophy of empowering the artist at a minimal fee, if not totally freely.

Any info would help, I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes here.

this is whats really wrong with education today. the fact this post is even here shows just how bad things are.

go forth and teach! share your knowledge! and damn anyone who stands in your way!

knowledge is power, and knowledge should be free!

5 Likes

Why so upset ?

1. If you are not certified, do not call yourself certified.
  2. If you do not call yourself certified, teach whatever someone want to learn from you.
  3. The BFCT program is currently on hold.

see https://www.blender.org/certification/

1 Like

I feel your passion. I will try my best to educate those that show an interest. Thanks :blush:

There’s no such thing as meaningful “certification” in Blender. But there is always a demand for people who know things that other people want to know, and who know how to teach.

There are quite a few people in the Blender community who have earned a reputation for being good instructors and educational writers, and who sell their wares to very-willing buyers, who then spread the word to other people that they think that their money was well-spent. :+1:

A very common strategy is to offer some products free as a “teaser,” so that people can try before they buy. People definitey are willing to spend their money for education, as long as they’re confident in your “value proposition.”

2 Likes

Okay. I will put together something of note and see if anyone is interested in my teachings. But still im no where near AAA level , but i know my way around a 3d program.