Blender Conference 2007 NYC STREAMS UPLOADED

FINALLY, ALL THE VIDEO STREAMS FOR THE 2007 NYC BLENDER CONFERENCE HAVE BEEN UPLOADED

THEY CAN BE FOUND AT
http://blenderheads.com/streams/

These will be there until the bandwidth is drained… and hopefully it wont be drained to quick… i think 3 TB is enough for now…

EDIT: DUE TO SOME ISSUES WITH SERVER OVERLOAD (overnight 1000+ downloads) I HAVE DECIDED TO UPLOAD THESE FILES ONTO A FILE HOSTING SERVER SUCH AS FILE SHACK AND LINK TO THERE"

FOR NOW THE DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE DOWN!!!

gone already? Torrent anyone or a mirror ?

Gian

what you mean, gone already? they are still there just click the link

haha, who’s the girl (?) in “02-1-CharacterModeling-JonathanWilliamson” who keeps laughing and saying stuff like “woah… so amazing” and “so fast!”
it’s just to funny/stupid :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems to be some issue with IE or Windows. If I RMB the link, and choose ‘Save Target as’, I get a “can not connect to site or resource doesn’t exist” error dialog, but if I just click the link, it opens up a media player in the browser window.

Maybe Windows doesn’t like the leading number?
Is there some setting or checkbox that I need to adjust to dl them directly with IE?
Thanks for any suggestions (besides switch to FireFox :wink: )

Thanks for recording all of these for those of us who couldn’t make it to the conference and all the work that went into editing and posting them, and of course the people who gave the presentations.

Her name is Kasil-ja (hope i spelled it right) she is one of the Grad students at Poly… and seems to be amazed by everyones work lol

I have just tried downloading with IE using the RMB “Save Target As” and it works fine for me… so i think its your settings that need tweaking

Sweet, thanks. :smiley: Time to break out the sugary foods… :evilgrin:

I have them all in my download manager right now, it seems that the blenderheads server is very glitchy and cuts in and out a lot. Once finished, I’ll seed this in a torrent file for ease of downloading. I only ask that you help seed it once its running because it’s a lot of data to be sharing. I will setup the torrent so that you can choose all the vids individually too, instead of packing it into a huge compressed file. Gimme some time to get this from Blenderheads server, then I’ll post the torrent link.

Brian, it isn’t highly glitchy, the problem is that your downloading them all at a time, taking up like 20 connections and limiting other people to download, i have just been contacted by my Host about this issue (Lots of connections from the same IP" and we decided to put a cap on this as its leading to tremendous server stress

EDIT: brian its not all in one huge file…

The Download Links Are Down For An Hour Or Two As I Re Upload These Files Onto A Server Hosting Site To Avoid Anymore Overloads

Vitaliy,

I’m not downloading them all at once, unless my download manager is at fault. I have them queued and only 3 are running at a time. And it’s not just me who’s having trouble accessing your videos, check the posts here and on blendernation. I also didn’t say that your files were in one huge file. For those familiar with torrents, many torrent creators make their torrents so that the user is forced to download a huge .zip file. I only mentioned that I wouldn’t do this so they could sort through which vids they wanted to get. I don’t understand why you don’t just make these video’s accessible through a torrent. Not only would it save your bandwidth, but users like me who have a lot more bandwidth to share could help others looking for these vids.

If you don’t know much about torrents, lemme know and I’d gladly help you set it up and even explain how it works.

I apologize if my downloading caused problems, but you said you were “draining your bandwidth”. This is a rather huge community and I’m sure I’m not the only one grabbing for the vids. :slight_smile:

Brian, its not your download that caused problem, a bit of miscommunication

The problem is that 1.34 TB of bandwidth (2k+ downloads) got used up in less then 12 hours and the host is contacting me with emails lol

I dont know much about Torrents but if you want to explain i can try and upload it onto there

Here’s the best resource for torrents I can provide:

Great, is seems like blender heads are the new slash dot. Just like a swarm of locus, we descend onto a resource and consume it. :eek:

I remember the days when we were lucky if a blender item got a hundred hits.:smiley: It is a good sign, I just wish I was able to get a hold of these streams though.

Luis

B0r3d

Vuze.com will have them soon enough for download through ither internet, torrent or FTP, im uploading them to there now…

Since im uploading the whole folder i think some episodes mighta lready be there so just search for em

EDIT:

http://www.vuze.com/details/3WN3AEQOS4FYMWJV4PNESZ4XHI2D43OQ.html

THE EPISODES WILL ALL COMPLETELY BE AVAILABLE IN ABOUT 2 HOURS

www.blenderheads.com/streams has been set up to redirect users to the new location of the files

the files will be available through VUZE.com as son as they are all uploaded, these files will be available through HTTP:// and through TORENT downloading

awesome!!!still, I think a simple torrent would have been the best… :smiley:

Lol, could somebody tell me how to download from this thing? I can’t find the download link…

look at the ETA time, thats when it will be ready for download, the service auto sets up a torrent and categorizes all that stuff, plus its not quite done uploading yet