Blender coordinates to .json file - Scripting job. Programmer needed!

Hey everyone! My name is Teo but people on the internet usually call me Toti. I have a pretty simple script commission I would like some help with. My team and I are currently developing a certain plugin for Minecraft that allows blender animation to be added into the java game (a bit like the bedrock version of the game allows for in case you are familiar).
What we would like a blender scripting professional to help us with, would be the export of the coordinates for the elements (each of the cuboidal objects composing the model), the Blender rig bone, and the rig joints to a .json file. Since we are looking for the animation data on these objects we would like to figure out an easy-to-use format for the .json file together but, as Minecraft supports interpolation (at least for xyz movement, rotation may be a bit tricky) we would most probably only be looking at saving the individual keyframes used to animate the model.
A similar attempt has been made at this here: https://github.com/phonon/blender-minecraft-json though this script has a couple of limitations we would really want to get past. For example the joint coordinate export but also a better way of assigning origins to individual elements in order for them to be displayed in the right place in-game. We are also looking at importing quite intricate animations through this workflow and having a robust script with active bug fixing would be helpful. More in-depth information will be discussed and shared once the project is picked up.
As for the price and deadline: we have a decently sized budget for this and are definitely wanting to pay properly for the work. We’ll just keep the budget flexible for now as we are not all too familiar with the work and would rather get an estimate before making an offer. There will also not be a hard deadline. We are hoping to get it done in around 2 months but would be very flexible depending on how the scope evolves.
I’m excited to hear from you regarding this commission. If you would like to get in contact with me more privately I’m always available under [email protected] or on Discord at TotiGonzales#8576.
Thank you in advance!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.