Blender crash after pressing 'P'

I’ve recently installed blender 2.45. I’ve tried both python 2.4 and 2.5 versions (with python 2.4.4 and 2.5.1 respectively) and every time I hit ‘P’ to start my application, blender crashes with a segmentation fault:

Detected GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
Detected GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
Segmentation fault

Any ideas?
Thanks!

I know it happened also to me with some versions, I don’t remember which… I remember one version crashed not the first but the second time I pressed P, after having launched the game engine once and having succesfully returned to the blender environment, and another version crashed always exactly after seven times I entered and returned back from the ‘P’ mode of game engine… evidently it’s a bug, try to change version, or if you are experienced enough try to correct the bug in the sources…

The GE will crash if you have a model that has verts too close together. Alwayw remember to remove double verts.

The problem is I can crash Blender without loading any scene… It’s probably due to some library version conflict. Anyway it shouldn’t happen. Any ideas on how I can locate this problem?
Thanks!

Yes, I remember 2.43 crashed just the second time you pressed P, even with the blender default cube… Anyway now I use blender-2.45-linux-glibc236-py24-i386 and it does not crash anymore… at least… let’s say it does not crash “for free” just because I press P more that once… As I said, try to install another version or if you have experience enough correct the bug…

Problem solved. Updating the graphics card driver finally fixed the problem. It is curious that Blender worked well, it was just the Game Engine that crashed.