Blender crashes when enabling ClockWorx Music AddOn

Here is what I get when trying to enable ClockWorx AddOn in latest Blender (2.90.1):

found bundled python: /home/myuser/Scaricati/blender-2.90.1-linux64/2.90/python
LLVM triggered Diagnostic Handler: Illegal instruction detected: VOP* instruction violates constant bus restriction
renamable $vgpr4 = V_CNDMASK_B32_e32 32768, killed $vgpr5, implicit killed $vcc, implicit $exec
LLVM failed to compile shader
radeonsi: can't compile a main shader part
LLVM triggered Diagnostic Handler: Illegal instruction detected: VOP* instruction violates constant bus restriction
renamable $vgpr2 = V_CNDMASK_B32_e32 32768, killed $vgpr2, implicit killed $vcc, implicit $exec

Then, Blender crashes on activation of the AddOn with: Canceled  (core dump created)

What can I do?

I have an almost identical error:

[email protected]:~$ blender --version
Blender 2.83.5
[email protected]:~$ blender 
Read prefs: /home/anadon/.config/blender/2.83/config/userpref.blend
renamable $vgpr4 = V_CNDMASK_B32_e32 32768, killed $vgpr4, implicit killed $vcc, implicit $exec

@clockmender any idea what might be causing this?

I think that the problem lies here in your installation, you MUST have Pygame installed in Blender’s python structure:

Please see this reference and install guide.

Let me know…

Cheers, Clock.

1 Like

Hey, Clockmender, you vanished from Discord.
I’m pazzoide

I’m getting the same crash and error when enabling Sorcar and Animation Nodes add-ons on Linux, but if I add them on Mac the errors do not occur. Blender 2.91.0.

Update: The problem is with NumPy, if you go to the Python console and type “import numpy”, Blender crashes. ClockWorx Music and many others relies on NumPy to run.

1 Like