Blender crashes when I start the game engine...

Hi…

Is anyone else getting this?

I’m using Ubuntu 12.10, and Blender crashes everytime I enter the game engine. It’s only just started happening. This is the error message I get…

X Error of failed request: GLXBadDrawable
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 29 (X_GLXGetDrawableAttributes)
Serial number of failed request: 613
Current serial number in output stream: 613

I’ve tried re-installing Blender.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Is this with the default cube scene or a more complex file?

If you’re crashing the game engine just with the default cube, then I suggest you first try a driver update as well as grabbing the latest buildbot build, and if that doesn’t work file a bug report with all of the system information you can recall. The bug seen here seems pretty unusual and there hasn’t been any major trouble reported by those on the BGE forums, so getting these corner cases looked at will only help.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it even happens straight out of the box, with just the default cube.

I have found a way round it…

If I download a version of blender that doesn’t really install but just sits in the folder I put it in and runs when I click on it… the one you download from blender.org … that works!

If I click the one that I install via command line that appears in the launcher and opens when I double-click a .blend file … it crashes when I press “P”!

Any idea what I should do to update drivers and get the latest buildbot?

Having the same problem, really annoying!
Have you found a solution yet?
Adam

Ayup, same problem here.

Linux Mint 15 64bit laptop with Blender SVN build. (r60316)

X Error of failed request: GLXBadDrawable
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 29 (X_GLXGetDrawableAttributes)
Serial number of failed request: 5722
Current serial number in output stream: 5722

I already attempted to update my graphics drivers to the latest proprietary ones(fglrx), which was interesting to do, I now know a lot more about the Xserver, but I’m also back on the open drivers. An old blender 2.68 build (r58376) does run it properly.

I was briefly worried that there was something seriously wrong with my graphics rendering, but then again, I wouldn’t have been able to do a whole lot of other work in Blender had that been the case.

Reported it to the bugtracker.