Blender Demo Loop

Hi Everyone,

This is pretty interesting, if you have not seen it allready:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4260&sid=2ac2dafc7046f85a451196c220746b54

It loops through about 16 different blends. You will have to download the loop file once you click on the above link (2.5megs).

Anyone know the status of the demo-loop? Link above results in empty page and I can’t find any mention of it on main Blender site. IIRC it failed after 2.36 and still won’t work with 2.40. Shame because it was an impressive demo and a quick way to test if everything is ok after a new install.

You can download here, currently doesn’t work in 2.40

http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/demoloop.html

LetterRip

Shame it has stopped working. There was a set of .blend test files once fro 2.37 (I think) and I had to to open them all individually. This would have been useful!

When I saw the post topic, I found myself thinking of the Blender Demo Reel which also seems to have vanished. It is rather dated now but I rather liked it. It would be nice to have a new demo reel to show off all the nice new features we are enjoying.

Koba

The demo reels are still around, I posted links to them in the india thread I think?

If you can’t find them, let me know, and I can track em down…

LetterRip

The demo reels are still around. If you can’t find them, let me know, and I can track em down…

Nah…don’t worry I;ve seen them plenty of times when I first started using Blender.

What I think I was suggesting was making a nice new reel for blender.org (so we can show the rest of the world that yes Blender does do hair, nice animation, softbodies and fluid simulation). :smiley:

Just to show off what can be done really - featurewise. :wink:

Koba

hey dmoc,
why dig up so old thread that no one else have replies too? better to post a new one, but since no one has replied to until you did, I’ll let it pass for this time, and did you ask at blender.org forum?

ztonzy - admin.