Blender dev should focus on improving animation tools and docs (can't delete Actions)

Because sebastian_k said that not having user on Action should remove it. So that’s what I do - remove users (and your actions in your video have no users, that’s why you can delete them).

How do I revert to autosave? I press Save to save file. Maybe it’s another bug in Blender - loading autosave after Save is done? (all has to be done is overwrite the file, overwrite autosave file; no reload autosave when saving scene)

Do you want to send me the file and I’ll make a video of me removing an action in it? Can delete all but one of the polygons in the mesh if you’re worried about me stealing the asset.

re autosave, at 0:49 you have the top 3 actions without the F infront,
at 0:57 seconds you have the mouse over recover autosave
at 1:20 you have the F back infront of the action (I assumed because you recovered autosave)

edit: found the blend file in bug report, deleted actions fine, uploading video

Ok here is a video of me removing actions with the blend file in your bug report

processing being;

remove F from unwanted actions
open nla editor
delete everything (I’m not using the NLA for anything anway)
save
reload

I still want to be able to delete actions without using the NLA editor but at least you don’t have to load an old blender version to clean up

How do I recover autosave?! o.O

I don’t do anything to recover it.

you hover over for some time I assume you click it and that explains why the fake users come back. If not what are you doing to bring the fake users back? did my last video work for you?

Nope, the technique in your video doesn’t work for me at all.

I hover over those to show they have no users. After I hit Save in the menu, they automatically get users.

Here I what I do (NLA editor is already being opened):

1. Remove F from the actions
  2. A, deleted all in the NLA Editor
  3. Save, and here is all falls apart, as Actions get users assigned automatically right when I hit Save.

Ok I’m out of ideas :frowning: would be interesting to know what the issue is, hope you figure it out

Here is the video of the step where I have actions with 0 users and NLA empty, and as soon as I hit Save, users get assigned:

yeah much better vid than before, would be interesting if you tried on another machine or got other people to test as it doesn’t happen that way for me.

This damned bug got me as well. Đis con mẹ nó ( Sr for using my language to swear. Just feeling English swear words are not as strong as My language LOL). Anyway It feels good when I know I’m not alone. Did anyone figure out something useful?

Devs can’t reproduce this bug (which is totally odd), so I am guessing it will go into 2.8 and maybe it will get fixed there. :no:

Try another build maybe, Or check your addon’s. Maybe their doing something kinky. But if the Devs can’t reproduce it then I doubt it will make it to the next build.
Also, I love the tone of your OP. It quite well shows respect for the Devs hard work.

Please, spare me… Trying to read between the lines where there is nothing between then always caused conflicts.

I respect devs’ work and effort, but there is a lot of stuff devs won’t do just because… They won’t dig deeper, they won’t ask questions, they just close bug report or merge it with similar one, and let it drag. It happened before and it’s just a nature of open source development - if devs don’t feel like working on something (especially if it only affects minor group of people), they won’t.

If it was paid software, closed source, chances for devs to latch to the bug and dig until it’s fixed or proven to be user issue, are much higher. Moi3D and World Machine are just two good examples. ZBrush and 3DCoat are another two.

So please, when I am trying to press the issue and make sure it’s not buried deep after so many releases, don’t come up and start waving a banner that I don’t respect devs’ hard work.

On the same note, and as many, many Blender users pointed out, it’s better to make 3 solid features that just work, rather than have 20 unfinished features with hidden bugs.

As you said, Trying to rad between the lines where there is nothing between theM always caused conflicts. And I am glad we both saw in your OP the same tone. As you took the pains to elaborate.
I am as sure that I intended no more conflict in my post, Then you did in your OP.