Blender Feature Film: The Story of Ven

I’m also glad to see this change. The new story idea is much better than “the original,” and I really couldn’t see you pouring all of this time and energy into something that someone else owns.

Now, if “Alexei” is a character-name owned by Disney, don’t give The Mouse an “in” by changing the name to a homophone: change the critter’s name completely.

Another way to approach an idea as versatile as this is episodes. Much shorter segments which play like “short stories” that are connected to one another but independent.

Hey BlueGuineaPig, I’ve been silently following your tread for a while now. You have my admiration for your endurance.
In fact I used to work on a project myself a few years ago, which has some similarities to yours and of which yours constantly reminds me. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I decided to put it on ice a few years ago, for it just seemed way too ambitious (it probably was). Anyway I’ve since been working on sth. else of decidedly smaller scope.

In any case, I believe it was a good move to take your project away from the world which originally inspired it. On the other hand, reading the extensive list of animals you mentioned in your last post, I hope you’re not trying to blow this up to an even larger scale (which would seem risky,- to say the least - to me) .

Btw., I’ve been wondering: Have you storyboarded this yet? I would strongly advise you to do so, it clearly helped me with my current project (even while it blew up my script from 95 to 111 shots). Sometimes things read fine in the script, while you’re getting into muddy waters, once you try to put them to concrete pictures.
Well, wish you all the best and keep it up! (Who knows, you might just get me tempted to help out some, at some point, your project seem just like a close relative in spitit to my old ‘on ice’-project…)

greetings, Kologe

Working on the discord server, but had to stop to get ready for work. I will post the invite link tomorrow!

The discord server is going to be really basic at first, but as the community grows, I will add more permissions and break it apart into more organized sections. It will be an everything server, from blender stuff, to gaming, or if you just want to talk. See you guys then!

2 Likes

Wow that is some changes, I like to see what is gonna happen as we go on. Even now it is a origianal story, I am still going to love this project.

I give you my good luck!

Hows the discord going? haven’t seen any links posted yet.

The discord server is now up! Here is the invite link, it is set to expire after 50 uses (to protect spam)

IT’S SUPER BASIC RIGHT NOW!! The server will gain more as time moves along.
Feel free to join to keep up with the project, contribute to it, or if you just want a place to play games and post memes!

Update July 14, 2019 (A new chapter!)

Today’s the day, marking a new beginning with The Story of Ven… We are no longer in fan fiction status and now we are making an original!

Introducing, Project Menagerie!
As explained in an earlier post, Project Menagerie is a secret program within the CIA designed to weaponize animals for the defense of the United States and their interests. Although Menagerie is in the USA, they aren’t the only ones to arm animals. Russia has their own form of this project, named S.O.A.D (Special Operations Animal Division). Other countries have also done the same thing by sticking equipment onto the animals using them as covert agents.

A huge note is that I will be separating the whole film into segments, like episodes, and seasons. The whole first book will be Season One. This will open up more plans for continuation!

So currently my work is planning and scheduling Episode 1, which will hopefully be longer than 20 minutes, and will somewhat follow the book. Right now, I’m working on the script, which will be recorded, then storyboarded, then turned to blender for fun times. I will post every bit of progress (without spoilers of course)

Thanks all!

2 Likes

Not bad. I like original stories, a bit more than fan fiction, actually. I’ll gladly watch the first episode once it’s up.

Do you still plan on releasing them to YouTube, Blue? I, too, plan on releasing some segments into episodes of my own “movie”.

Good luck with episode one, though!

Yup, It’ll definitely be on Youtube.

And thanks! Same goes to you bro.

Hey, Blue. I had a question: Do you like watching anime?

I’m just thinking on how I am going to make my Blender 3D anime series (previously a live action drama and film series), and I’m having a topic about it up for any development on the series that’ll be shown on YouTube.

That was just what I thought at the moment. If you’re interested in anime, why not check out my WIP? I’ll be making modeling progress after Monday next week.

Hey, Blue…are you having your trip to Spain or are you still working on the first episode of your Blender series? I’m just wondering since you haven’t updated us on your progress for the last two weeks of summer. Everything going well?

Being that I basically started from scratch again, I’ve had to re write a lot of things. But yes, progress has been made and storyboarding has started. Blender renders will continue again soon hopefully.

My trip to Spain basically got cancelled due to that TDY, and I’m still struggling to find time to work on Menagerie on top of military. But I will never let the project cancel. It will get done one way or another!

I know the feeling of “starting over from scratch”. I’ve basically re-started my original novel over a couple of unwanted things I wrote down on a document. There’s a reason why “rewriting” exists, doesn’t it?

How’s work going with the first episode and your rewriting of the script? You must’ve done a lot since two months have passed, right?

I’ve been silent for a bit, seeing as though you have a bit of life going besides your animation project.

In these two months that has passed, I’ve also developed my 3D idea into something original. I was just wondering what you’re up to with your 3D career besides your life.

If you can reply, I’ll be glad to know if you’re still working on this series. I am still interested in your content that’s been happening from before to now. Any news you want to share with us yet about the project?

That is all.

PM has been doing very well, and it’s going to be a lot when I begin posting the progress.

I had to write an entire new lore, as well as characters, and story. So Ep.1 isn’t going to be what you would expect, more to come on that later.

To everyone, I go full time working this on Feb 2020. So if I’m not posting a lot now, a lot WILL come then.

2 Likes

Now I’m more hooked to see what you come up with! Thanks for replying, it convinces me that you did make work on this in the background.

New lore? Interesting. Might be something I’m in for a surprise when I see episode one on YouTube, which is where you still plan on putting this up, right?

Update: Nov 7, 2019

This will be the final update for SoV. I’m quitting the project…

JUST KIDDING!! I’m starting a new thread for Project Menagerie, so it’s a continuation of this thread. I just felt that PM is so different from SoV, that it needed its own thread.

A lot has been done, and now it’s time to share!

I’m not closing this thread, so feel free to add to it. I’m gonna post here one last time to give the link to the new one. Thanks all for the support so far!

Goodbye SOV

Here’s the new thread!

Hold up I don’t have to refresh?