Blender Film: The Story of Ven (Discontinued)

I like it way better than the original it feels a lot more realistic and like an actual film than before. I don’t think I could imagine what the movie would’ve looked like if you left everything at v1 lol! I’m also curious to know more about the film’s theme song and how it would sound.

I was planning for each character to have their own theme, and base the score around those theme songs depending who’s on screen at that moment. I’m definitely going for the thematic route of cinematic music for this. Mainly strings with a bit of electronic and percussion.

1 Like

Update February 8, 2019

This is Tibbetts, he’s an interesting character and I’ll explain more about him in his actual finished post. Right now though I’m stuck with deciding which color eyes to give. I originally thought of blue when I imagined him. But the green does look pretty fitting… I don’t know… Decisions, decision’s…

4 Likes

I was thinking blue eyes too but idk it’s a tough choice I’d say go by what you think looks best.

1 Like

I’m sure green eyes will make him the favorite character for fans. Also I think “white fur with blue eyes” is too usual and often met. IMHO, the first one is better and… awesome. <3

2 Likes

Imma agree on that I was probably thinking about some other character from a different movie at the time I’d say green would be way more fitting now that I think about it lol

1 Like

I talked to people at work an they also agreed that green looks better, so it looks like we have a winner! Thanks both of you!

1 Like

Update February 10, 2019

Fur complete for Tibbetts, my third main character. Almost all the main characters are American short haired guinea pigs, thus why they look somewhat similar. I have one more short haired guinea pig to do after Tibbetts, and he goes by the name of Ellis, the doctor of the village.

Anyway, all that there’s left for Tibbetts is his rig, which will more or less be the same as Alexei’s and Ven’s

3 Likes

BGP - this is an incredible amount of work and dedication. I actually took the time to read the entire thread so far. A total inspiration. I myself have been working on animations for an aviation documentary for three years so far with limited time and resources, so I completely understand and appreciate your dedication and passion for your project. Keep up the good work! You’ve inspired me to tackle some character creation/animation for my next project.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what to say back… Thanks for the kindness! Also, I’m glad to have given some inspiration to you. Seeing others inspired, inspires me, which is nevertheless, inspiring… Okay too much inspiration… Is that bad?

Sorry I joke around too much, gotta stay positive because its contagious. But seriously, thanks again!

1 Like

Update February 6, 2019

Sorry for the lack of updates this past few weeks. I had gotten into trouble at work, causing a bit of stress. Thus lacking the motivation to get on the computer. Anyway…

This is Tibbetts. He’s an important character to the plot and is definitely a more interesting character in general. As a pup, he was apparently diagnosed with a form of autism, due to his behavioral issues. Because of this, he couldn’t make much friends, if any, and didn’t get along with his own siblings. As time passed, he slowly grew out of his autism, and became a very smart individual. But sadly, his peers had already marked him an outcast, and his intelligence came off as being a smart-ass to others. This made him one of the most hated individuals in the village. Nowadays, Tibbetts usually hangs out around the edge of the village, meditating to nature, alone.

This character was inspired by a really good friend back home. His character, personality and motivation was very inspiring to watch. Thus inspiration became creation!

Pictures!!
Tibbetts_final
Tibbetts_final2 Tibbetts_final3 Tibbetts_final4
This last render was sort of an experiment. An experiment that nearly killed my pc, a single 1080ti, and 16gb of RAM was NOWHERE near enough for that much fur…

Next up, will be one more character, Ellis. He’s the doctor of the village. A Siamese guinea pig.

3 Likes

Update March 12, 2019

The last character reveal before the first trailer, Ellis, the doc. I finished him pretty quick, being that I want to begin trailer work as soon as possible. Ellis is the (wannabe) doc for the village. The doctor of the village was chosen by the community to care for everyone’s health and well-being. They are chosen based on experience and knowledge of caretaking. They are also chosen to handle birth’s, and usually have a good amount of medical supplies. It’s a big responsibility that puts a lot of stress on the guinea pig, but a rewarding job.

4 Likes

I love your project, really fun to follow. Looking g forward to the trailer!

1 Like

Okay so now it’s animation time! This is where the real fun begins. As I begin to work on the first official trailer, I will post random small animations with the characters, and some simulations. It’ll take a sec to get into that workflow, so please, be patient!

This film will happen and I want the trailer to be the kick start for it, thanks for all the support everyone!

4 Likes

I’m liking the progress on your film. Man, if only I had the time, I would’ve make my own now, but I don’t have the right things to do so.

Anyway, how’s work on the first trailer? Will you have original music score or something of trailer music from Two Steps From Hell, or is that not what you want?

If you’ve made the models of characters yourself, I don’t see why you can show it to YouTube without copyright from Disney. I have had a talk with my dad, and self-made models in a film cannot be copyrighted if the person is not careful enough by modeling them. So, you should be fine, along with your own soundtracks.

2 Likes

I believe BGP is gonna make a score for both the film and trailers but what I think would be cool is if one of the scores had a remixed version of the original soundtrack for G-force but I don’t think copyright would like that too much sadly.

1 Like

I have the original score to G-force by Trevor Rabin, and the whole score is more or less centered around a specific theme. More specifically, this chord progression,

There’s also a “sad” version, which is basically the same but slower.

It’s based on this light hearted military beat, and it fits the original film perfectly as a family movie. Not so much for SoV… Although, I am taking the similar route going for a thematic score. It will have a general “Main” theme for the film, but then that theme will break down into specific sounds for each character.

Example: If Ven is showing on screen, then it’ll play “Ven’s theme”. If both Ven and Alexei are in shot, then it’ll mix both themes together. And these themes are gonna grow as the character develops, making for a pretty unique score overall. This also sets it up for future films in the series.

And finally, the music will be driving the trailer, so I would like to figure that out first as I storyboard. I’m open to any ideas so feel free to send me music you think would sound good for this type of film. (I’m going for a more serious dramatic style theme, not too fast paced.)

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any posts on here in a while, how’s the trailer going?

1 Like

Good question.
Blue, we are interested in the progress. Is everything OK? Or any problems?

1 Like

Long story short, It’s still on track. Currently it looks like it will be done by early July. Around the same time G-force was released in theatres funny enough… I’ll explain the whole pipeline on how I’m gonna do it tomorrow when I get off work. But sadly nothing to show involving blender right now as I am more busy composing music, talking to people for voice acting, and taking a trip to Portugal and Spain to record voices for Alexei. (I know some actual Russians over there) I feel really bad for not posting as often as I would like. Good news is that I’m always checking my email and it tells me every single time someone posts on this forum so its super easy to ask questions and just get my attention in general.

3 Likes