Looking over at Houdini’s website and on their gallery page, I was awed and envied at how amazing the results were with their fire and fluid simulator and if I can remember it right, I was simply staring blankly on the screen as my movie player played over some of the videos I have downloaded. “WTF” was constantly reverberating through my head as if a seatmate was actually shouting over right at my ear. But the Blender lover and fan that I am, I couldn’t bear the fact that other apps are standing blatantly boasting their wicked stuff while I watch barenaked imagining at daylight.
And so right after I gained my artistic consciousness, I went over at my station and started doing my stuff. RMB here, RMB there, press here, press there.
My setup was: 1) the sphere mesh which is appearing black in the image (it’s just there for viewing, 2) a duplicate of the mesh but with particle settings and a halo material for the flame, 3) a duplicate of #2 with particle settings and a halo mat for the sparks, and finally 4) an empty set as a Magnetic Field with a Cone Fall-off. Up until this point, the render result didn’t look that convinincing of a fire until I went over to composite it on the Nodes.