Blender Fluid System Export?

Hi I am following along this tutorial…

“Open the file “export_obj.py” from the Blender script directory in a text-editor. Search for the 2 lines starting with:
file.write(‘usemtl
Put a # in front of the lines to comment them, so that they dont get executed. [LEFT]This should get rid of the hassle to batch replace the materials in the obj files.”

Specifically, where do I find the export_obj.py file? How do I access it? I am very much new to Blender.[/LEFT]
Thanks
Joel H.

You haven’t said but I assume you are running Windows. It may be in a different location depending on how you installed blender but yry looking under the Blender folder under .blender/scripts. The .blender may be hidden on your machine but you can open it without a problem in a text editor window in blender.

I am using Mac OSX. Can’t seem to find it anywhere???

Don’t those fancy macs have some sort of file finder where you can type in ‘export_obj.py’ and it, umm… finds the file?

Im pretty computer literate and for the life of me I can’t figure it out???

On a Mac it is in blender.app/Contents/MacOS/.blender/scripts
The .blender folder is a hidden folder so just open it in a blender text editor window.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4736080099_b4d3268eb1.jpg

Maybe you’ll have better luck in one of the support sub-forums.

You know, on the forum main page if you scroll down to where you see the heading ‘support’ and there are a bunch of sub-sections under it.

Or google works pretty well, try typing in ‘osx file finder’.

OHHHHH. I have to do that within Blender! Got it! Thanks for the help