Blender game engine hates me..........

Alright, everytime I try to start a game, to include an untouched new blender file, Blender quits. No crash message, no errors, just quits. I’m running Blender 2.45 Python 2.5.1, openSUSE 10.3, Geforce 6800(2.1.1 NVIDIA 100.14.19). here is what my console says after it quits:

Detected GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
Detected GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
Enabled GL_ARB_multitexture
Enabled GL_ARB_shader_objects
Enabled GL_ARB_vertex_shader
Detected GL_ARB_fragment_shader
Enabled GL_ARB_vertex_program
Detected GL_ARB_depth_texture
Detected GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
GL_VERSION: 2.1 (2.1.1 NVIDIA 100.14.19)

Anyone know how to make it work?

I dont understand. Are you starting blender, then loading a .blend file, and then pressing P to play it in the GE?

Or did you download a .exe and click on it to play it?

start blender, load a .blend file or just using the empty(.blend?) file it gives you when it starts. and I’ve tried a few .blend files others have made, same result, blender just quits. It’s the static build, so it shouldn’t be a lib issue(there is no associated lib error, or any error for that matter), and I have every python lib I can get my hands on too. Still, just quits.

Intresting side note, I’ve also got windows vista, and the game engine(pressing P) works fine. I’d prefer to use my 64-bit linux though, I get a lot more performance than my 32-bit vista. that and all my .blend files are in linux, don’t feel like having to transfer them and run in vista to test out.