Blender Game Engine is not a game engine,

I order to be usable on phones and tablets it needs to be optimized extreme , or should I say , super efficient , because those little toys have even less performance compared to desktops or laptops. Anybody knows how to optimize it ?

I can look at a 7000 triangle model in sketchfab on my phone and it is no slower than on my computer.

I think a modern smart phone could run a simple BGE game with baked lighting and very low poly objects or spites without any problem.

Interesting i want to do a game in the Blender Game Engine but how can i sell it? .

Steam, burster and packaging in a .blend that is “encripted” but I am not sure about the last.

I wonder if you can make a usb that only the game engine could access?

Thanks

I heard if a i make a Blender Game in the Blender Engine i can’t sell it because the Blender player addon .

@the last 5-6 posters:
PLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC.

This thread is at risk of turning into a feature requests or GPL issues thread, so please do not post feature requests or GPL issues…

@Akira_san

Now, not everyone is skilled enough with the hammer and the anvil. And so having a build-in features would greatly speed the “making of the game” process. So yes we need new features!

Don’t get me wrong, I am all for optimizations, better material controls, faster physics functions etc.
What I am against is the addition of ‘mouselook’ logic bricks and default ‘AI’.

The reason for this is because they speed up the creation of specific types games. They stop BGE being the generic system is is, and turn it into something with far more limited application. The BGE’s greatest strength is that it is suitable for any application from visualization of real-time data from a bunch of sensors to creating games. Start optimizing for certain types of games and suddenly you lose all this.

@blenderer2012:

In conclusion , BGE is way better than UnrealEngine6 except that we don’t know how to fix bugs and code new features. Without advanced programming we are stuck in the 90’s. LOL

Perhaps you should replace the ‘we’ with ‘you.’ Because kupoman and migouri do know how to fix bugs. They’ve been doing it a long time now. It’s just that there are only 3 or 4 people developing it. If you want bugs to be fixed faster, or features to be added, then perhaps you should learn to do it yourself.

@loveblender:

Me too! I want to make game not game engine.

o me, bge is a great but undone engine. Unfortunately, i’m not skilled enough to render a hand to the engine.

The first part of that? If you want to make a game rather than an engine? In my opinion (not trying to be offensive), you may be better off finding an engine that does what you want it to already.
As for the second one, you mention there how to fix it. You say ‘not skilled enough.’ Well, if it’s skill, which it is, then you can learn it.

Artists-Want better tools? Make a game sell it, pay a dev.

This is where I am going.

And I want to add generic features first, and “pet” features second.

Don’t get me wrong, I am all for optimizations, better material controls, faster physics functions etc.
What I am against is the addition of ‘mouselook’ logic bricks and default ‘AI’.

The reason for this is because they speed up the creation of specific types games. They stop BGE being the generic system is is, and turn it into something with far more limited application. The BGE’s greatest strength is that it is suitable for any application from visualization of real-time data from a bunch of sensors to creating games. Start optimizing for certain types of games and suddenly you lose all this.

Ok that makes sense and i agree here. Some features can be made as a python addon such as Enemy AI, bgu. Cython can be added as a features to speed the python scripts, but i dont want to change the topic.
So just like its written in the wiki, BGE is a game engine. The BF released a book long time ago. Quote from the book

Blender is the first of the 3D packages to integrate a game engine as well as tools for editing game-logic and creating interactive animation. This book is the ultimate guide for artists interested in exploring this part of Blender.

I feel as if this thread is irrelevant. Does it really matter if Blender is “technically” a game engine or not? People have and will continue to use Blender to create games, either using only Blender or Blender with other software. The discussion of whether or not Blender is indeed a game engine just seems pointless to me. It is like trying to decide whether or not an Arduino processor can be coincided a PC. In the end it doesn’t matter what it “technically” is. Rather, it matters what people do with it. In my mind a game engine is software that allows the creation of games. Therefore I would consider blender to be a game engine, because there is no “need” to use any other software.

Just my two cents, or whatever currency you use :yes:

BGE is a game engine.
Amateurs not welcomed here.

BGE is a game engine.
All are welcomed here.

In my opinion (not trying to be offensive), you may be better off finding an engine that does what you want it to already.

Fair enough!

I think the problem with this debate is that while the bge isn’t a complete ‘game generator’, it can be used as one. If everyone who used the bge learned to code and had to go through that process, there wouldn’t be this mentality that the bge is a ‘toy’, incapable of making real games.

But instead, we have this logic brick system that works well at what it does and is easy to use, but is limited in capacity. This leads to a problem I see constantly on this forum - people will get interested in making games in bge because it is easy, and then will find out doing anything complicated is super hard without diving into code.

Is there a solution to this problem? Well… Maybe. I think that a better visual logic solution could solve the problem, be it an upgraded logic brick system, hive, or something else. If we can do the more complex things without diving into python, there won’t be a ‘wall’ to hit.

Otherwise, we could just scrap logic bricks entirely, which would level the playing field, but also raise the barrier to entry.

Thanks for starting this discussion, I find this topic really interesting!

for every sensor
and allow properties in input fields in actuators
Ta Da

until there SCA bge cannot evolve!

be aware after some step “unmoved” can come the step “death”.

the evolution is not optional