Blender game engine keep crashing after I download a game on this forum what happend?

since I downloaded a game on this forum ( can’t remember what it is ) blender keeps crashing! sometimes it doesn’t but most of the time it does I scan the game file with a free version of AVG anti virus ( yeah I know I’m cheap people used to call me MR.Krab :stuck_out_tongue: )but AVG doesn’t found any virus on the file to be cautios I deleted the file off my computer but to no avail blender would still sometimes give the error message : blender has stopped working this problem occurs on my laptop but now I’ve got a new computer for use so it doesn’t really bother’s me much anymore but I’m afraid the same thing would happen to the new comp is there any known issue for why blender GE crashed? what do you guys think is it viruses that’s causing this or something else any suggestion would be nice :slight_smile:

tons of reasons, not sure it has smth do with a virus.

Easiest solution to try - reinstall everything (blender and python)
Install it again.

Also, on your laptop what is the video card? BGE does not work very well on old or not powerfull video cards. For instance, I have EEE PC, so if the scene has already quite some polygons or objects, it crashes the same way as you have it.

now that you mentioned it yes my laptop have an intel card I know it wasn’t really meant for 3D but it can play some old games fairly decent but that’s behind me now coz I got a new computer to work with thanks :slight_smile:

Every time I try and load my game, after about 10 seconds it crashes. Can anyone help me?

More information would be helpful, such as:

Do you get an error message or just “Blender has stopped working”?
What OS are you running?
What graphics card do you have?
What is the output of the console/terminal?

It comes up with Blender stopped working- Find online solution and close the program or close program. And the problem details are:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: blender.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 48f5033b
Fault Module Name: blender.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 48f5033b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 004f8970
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

I have Blender 2.48 and I am running in Windows Vista.
I have uninstalled and then installed Blender and it still doesn’t work.
Hope this information helps.

Try with 2.49b?

I just tryed with Blender 2.49 and it still has the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion