Blender Game Logic Nodes (UPBGE-Compatible)

@BluePrintRandom Yes.

2 Likes

Alrighty, making some progress!
Game Properties are now available from within the Node Editor! :call_me_hand:

props

Currently working on a stable setup, so new versions shouldn’t break old logic setups after 0.3.5 :thinking:

7 Likes

WTF u talkin about are we already at UPBGE 0.3.5 :scream:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

thats the version of this addon

1 Like

Thanks for the updates, i’ts working great.

Ohhh i see

Fred/K.S

New Update! :smiley:

• Added Controller Support and reworked the way Vectors are used.
  • Game Object Properties now show up on the properties panel under “Item” in the Node Editor as well as the 3D View.
  • Added and improved a bit of the math

Still going for a solid State, currently reworking the way Sound is played via Nodes :+1:

Whoopsi - just noticed that I missed the triggers (R2 / L2) on controllers, they’ll be coming though

EDIT: Triggers done :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

every time i start the game in the embedded player, this property: image
decides to delete itself and it causes the nodes to stop working, and i have to uncheck and recheck the “use at startup” tick box for the node tree, could you probably help me with or fix this?

this is the issue mentioned in the original post
the UPBGE performs an “Undo” when exiting the engine which causes this to happen. same goes for baking indirect lighting -> also gets reverted
Workaround is to just perform ANY action after applying the tree (like moving or adding something) so the undo doesn’t affect the logic tree setup :+1:

It’s sort of wacky but currently it’s not priority to tackle this issue

1 Like

if i install this particular addon will it conflict with my normal BGE nodes!

Fred/K.S

Was that a question?
I tried with the latest git status (which would effectively be 0.3.5) and all worked well

If there is a problem, feel free to leave an issue over at GitHub, the more details the better :+1:

1 Like

Is there documentation I can use to learn this node system? I can’t find much info. I’m currently trying to make a cube jump like mario, responding a little to button press duration but limited to when the character is off the ground.

Any help or documentation you can recommend?

1 Like

I’m currently building the docs, just might be a while until I get it done since there never was any, I’ll try to get whatever I have online soon. :+1:

For your case what you would do is simply add two nodes:

1. Condition Node (I guess you want Keyboard > Key Pressed)
  2. Add an Apply Force Node (Transformation > Apply Force)

Then connect them and enter a force value, in this example it would be 500 for the Z value or something :thinking:

EDIT:
Oh, I forgot: you need to apply the tree to an object by clicking “apply to selected” in properties > item on the right panel

5 Likes

Hello, Iza_Zed.
When we use apply force the engine uses character physics? Could you add a Jump Node? and a node to control Jump?

I mean, the logic nodes, have the Motion actuator, and in character motion, you have the option Jump. that solves a lot of problems because we set jump fprce, and amount of jumps in the physics tab.
So maybe 2 nodes. One would be: Jump Control (1 condition) [change amount of jumps, adjust jump force (0 output)
The other: Jump Order (1 condition) (0 output)

Maybe a third node that returns information about character physics, including jump force and max amount of jumps, max fall speed, and visibility.

Thanks for keeping the Node system avaiable!

1 Like

Yeah, I had a quick look at it and think I’m able to do that :+1:

For this I’ll need to change the approach though, I’ll need to automatically add Actuators to the object and link them to the node (this approach makes playing sounds easier too), but the downside is that there will be unlinked actuators on the object, so the built-in logic brick system might get chaotic… :thinking:
When doing this, I could convert every Actuator into a Node, effectively making manually visiting the logic brick view unnecessary

I’ll see if I can find a way around this, but the way above should definitely work

I think all 3 Nodes would make the most sense together, thanks for the input :smiley:

EDIT: Found a way around it :+1: nodes will be nodes and bricks will be bricks

Alright, got all writable and readable values in there :call_me_hand:
check git releases

Great, I’ll check them right now!

Thanks Iza_Zed! It’s really cool that we can make games intuatively in Eevee thanks to your work. I kind of hope that Armory is able to benefit off your good work! Either that or we get a way to make games in Eevee that aren’t GPL. It’s nice to own the rights to your games/art :wink:

-S

1 Like

Thank you, this is really motivating :smiley:

Sadly lubos won’t be able to benefit off this addon since Armory3D is scripted using Haxe, which is also used by his internal Node system - I instead learned from him by looking through his code and reusing UI solutions and translating logic he already implemented :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: This is my understanding so far
As for the GPL problem, I’m still not sure if I’m on the right track on this, but you gotta be careful there:
The Blender Player, which is needed to fire up your game, must be licenced as GPL, same goes for every script containing an import of any of the Blender modules (bge, bpy and so on), but there’s ways around this (starting via .bat file for example).
Indeed the use of my Add-On should allow for your logic to not be GPL’d because the generated code does not explicitly use any of the Blender Modules or its api :thinking:

3 Likes

Just a note, new builds for alpha upbge 0.3 from 28-December and on have the Logic Nodes Addon included (https://mega.nz/#F!t9EEFSaS!JPiOPSInCZyU-SW_-rhEOQ).

5 Likes