blender game on PSP or any console

i was wondering how to put a blender game on a game console. I know u can do it on xbox 360 with XNA editor but i was wondering if u can do it for PS2 or PSP.
is it even possible? :spin:

I’m going to be skeptical about Xbox 360, mainly because Blender is OpenGL and Xbox360 is DirectX. XNA editor doesn’t let you just run windows games on it, it’s a fully fledged helper to develop things for directx.

As for PSP, again I doubt it. Yes, all of these things could be done with some heavy scripting, but it’s not that easy to develop games for consoles.

I’ve heard of the possibility for PS2. I have no idea what the logistics are, but you probably won’t be able to do it without buying their development kit, which even for educational purposes are pricey.

Blender’s not what you want for console games… sorry.

Basically, if you’re willing to build blender for a consol, it can then be run on that console- but that’s not easy task, especially if the console doesn’t natively support openGL.

it has even been done for the wii:eyebrowlift: so i do believe it can be done on anything:D’

good luck,

Hellooo

ok… and i dont know any code wat so ever so rewriting code for a different system isnt a prob for me… since I dont have any to begin with…
C***! just remembered… had to use python for the mouse-controlled camera movement… there goes all my PSP game hope… :frowning:

P.S. when I search anything with blender and PSP it comes up with some weird sites where u download full games 4 free… and thats not wat I need so looks like Google has finally let me down :frowning:
o wait… I’m 8(
(glasses lol)

You can install linux on play stations. That’d probably be the easiest way I think, but I have no idea how you would get inputs from a controller.

Probably you can do it in this console

http://www.openpandora.org/

The problem with getting Blender to work on the Pandora is the OpenGL version. Blender runs on standard OpenGL, but the Pandora uses OpenGL ES, which is different in many ways. I did some talking with some folks on #blendercoders, and they seemed to believe that it would require porting the code.

Edit: Of course, you know I’ll test it when I get my Pandora in a couple months :smiley: First batch! Oh yeah!

Cool!! I’ll wait for your comments about pandora.

And for some time now, play station 2 is an open platform. Don’t remember where I read it and I don’t know what difference it really is for us hobby game makers.

haha Blendenzo, maybe I can report faster … I just ordered a beagleboard which is on the same base CPU and all that the openpandora, I’ll try the BGE on it when it arrive (quite soon normaly) … :slight_smile:

i was wondering how to put a blender game on a game console. I know u can do it on xbox 360 with XNA editor but i was wondering if u can do it for PS2 or PSP.
is it even possible? :spin:
It is definably possible. I’m not 100% sure about the PS2 or PS3, but you should be able to compile code for the PSP, NDS, NGC, GBA, and the Wii by using devkitpro. It’s 100% free and 100% legal (to compile the code anyways, I believe the legal issues depend on how you boot it and on which console you use). If you want to make a game on the Xbox or Xbox 360, you need XNA editor which is mucho dinero.

So how did it go? Could you run Blender / GE on the beage board? What about openGL in gameEngine?

I would really like to port my game to pandora and probably also add network play for that reason… :smiley: