Blender GE needs revolutionary improvement [Project]

First of all could somebody make it sticky please?:rolleyes:

Well I was thinking that our blender game engine needs to be improved to great extent because our game engine can’t compete with the latest game engines.

• face independent

Well we need to modify our bge so that its frame rate does not remain inversely proportional to no of face in our meshes. we should be able to use high poly meshes blender. Makers of stalker CS claim over 1000000 polygons per frame. Still when ran the game at my neighbors house it ran at 30 fps (that also because the resolution was 1052 * 864 and anti aliasing
    At 4x).if they can why cant we?

1. Realstic materials

I was thinking if we could do something like baking to bake highly realistic materials to meshes to make them look realistic.

1.  Game environment

Ok I know we can make a great sky with skybox or sky dome but it will be better if we include in blender itself & it should give really realistic results.

We also need to do a revolutionary work with the particles & hair and specially the fluids like water & other soft bodies. Normal mapping & a little more tweaking with splashes work well bet it’s still a little unrealistic. So we need actual water.

We also require something that could generate random trees & plants. we could also use that python real time texture mapping stuff to produce realistic reflections and refractions.

1. last but not the least (infact the topmost) we should make this in such away that all this could be achieved on even a common computer without graphic card.

Overall we need to make our games in bge not only look like real but they should be real.
    Lets not stop untill game and world would be twins.

Could anyone tell me which language bge is written in so that I could invite experts from other communities to help us? We can submit our code to developers of blender to be integrated in blender. we will call this project DRi (Dark Revolutionary Innovation):smiley:

Attachments

troll? ---------

BGE as well as Blender is in C++. So, download source and do whatever you want.

As for experts, here are several enthusiasts. I believe if you fund them on regular basis, they will be delighted to help you. Generally, developers work for free, so we cannot just demand features. Still it is amazing how BGE progress in less than a year (from verion 2.47)

I will now make gargling noises just to amuse the gallery :slight_smile:

{Well we need to modify our bge so that its frame rate does not remain inversely proportional to no of face]
-welcome to reality oh wait… you’re not there… you still think a hybrid never needs any gasoline or pigs fly, sorry to disappoint you: read up on game engines and programming a bit… also a basic knowledge of the functionning internals of a computer might help :slight_smile:

[if they can why cant we?]
they’ve got 450 coders working fulltime 5 days a week for high pay… we’ve got Brecht and others, the numbers get close but just don’t add up you know?

[2. Realstic materials]
we already have those, baking and all…
follow www.blendernation.com and have a look at the tutorials there, there’s bound to be something.

[3. Game environment]
you are welcome to put your computer in a bukket if you want better water simulation.

[4. last but not the least (infact the topmost) we should make this in such away that all this could be achieved on even a common computer without graphic card.]
Yeah and you can win a formula one race driving a renault twingo…

[Overall we need to make our games in bge not only look like real but they should be real.
Lets not stop untill game and world would be twins.]
Lets go look the movie ExistenZ and see where that leads

[Could anyone tell me which language bge is written in so that I could invite experts from other communities to help us? We can submit our code to developers of blender to be integrated in blender. we will call this project DRi (Dark Revolutionary Innovation]
Could you use google and your own hands for a change?
Look at the “developper” tab on www.blender3d.org.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=152782

@mohd.iqan - from what I’ve read, it seems that you don’t have a glue about game engine development and game development at all. Your examples and propositions a ridiculous.
Peace.

Shht don’t tell him, you’re going to scare him away… we shouldn’t blame him for his lack of knowledge but be welcomming to anybody. Somebody has got to start somewhere, and as it’s us, we’re just going to be friendly as usual :slight_smile:

also check your spelling, because his is better than yours :wink:

waving at mohd.iqan Hello and welcome!

Yes you are right , where are my manners…
Welcome to blenderartists mohd.iqan, enjoy your stay! :slight_smile:

P.S. Sorry for my spelling,English is not my first language, but I don’t think this has something in common with the game engines knowledge. :slight_smile:

Yea, Welcome … to the jungle; We got fun ‘n’ games; We got everything you want…

I really wanna implement something into the bge, I was going to do physX but apparently it goes against the GPL license on blender or sumthin like that and is illegal. Then there was DirectX, I know people wanna keep it multi-platform but most of machines use Windows and it’s currently the gaming OS, but I’m not gonna bring that up cause I know you guys hate it so that’s out the question. I just need to find some feature I could add and work on it for a while. Just don’t know what yet.

@noob destroyer: If you really wanna implement something into the BGE, what about some more efficient shaders? GLSL is pretty sexy but the BGE isn’t exactly optimized for shaders like it (hopefully that statement will be false when 2.5 arrives :smiley: ).

@mohd.itqan: NOOBDESTROYER!!! ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

this forum never stops to amaze…err… amuse me

I don’t understand why we need PhyX while Bullet is pretty good, just need to be more exposed to python

Yes, I vote for a troll…is a troll “sticky-able”?

Just remember, the quality of a game relies <10% on the engine, and >90% on the person/people making it.

If every game you make comes out crappy, you only have yourself to blame.

[edit] I’ll make an exception if you get mauled by a platypus while making your game.

a platypus? they don’t do much, you know

Apparently they have a poisonous barb, though. I’d assume that would mess up any game programmer.

pff will never happen ( do it your self -.-)

I probably shouldn’t really bother with this thread… but here we go…

mohd.itqan, I don’t mean to be… mean, but you really don’t know how graphics/game engines work, do you? For that matter, you don’t really understand how computers/processors work.

There is not an engine out there that is, as you call it, “face independent.” There are engines that have very advanced algorithms to draw a large amounts of faces very quickly, but 3d graphics are extremely intensive for a CPU or GPU to process. For every individual face there are tons of calculations that have to be done: figure out the angle that you’re viewing the face from, figure out the space on the screen that should take up, figure out which texture is applied to it, calculate the light hitting it, calculate shaders (huge in itself), etc. This is probably not even close to a full list - I have no experience in coding 3d graphics.

What is “baking to highly realistic materials?” This sentence alone makes me positive that you have no idea how these things work. Do you want a button that literally is “make grass on the ground that LOOKS REALLL”? I have news for you… games like Crysis are not created by the engine… they’re created by ARTISTS. Every grass texture (I’m sure that there are more than 10 different ones) is made by a texture artist.

As for fluids/soft bodies/skyboxes/hair… just no. You clearly want a button to create an environment and your game for you. That’s not how games work. Skyboxes in all games have to be created… even if it is people making code for procedurally generated clouds/sky.

After reading your post once again, I’m finding it hard to believe that you’re not trolling… and giving you the benefit of the doubt really only affirms that you have no idea what you’re talking about. Go learn to program a basic 2d game and see how many calculations have to happen every frame.

-Sam

first of all thanks for all your comments. O.K i admit i dont have any knowledge about how ge works but speaking that i dont even have even a little knowledge about game development is a little hurting :frowning: cos i feel proud that (at least in my city) i think i would be only one who use & creates game in blender & in flash ( i happened to get a trial version) at the age of 15. O.K you r right from ur point of view that what have read might be a part of scientic fiction to you but i wanted to give an idea what could be done to improve bge. inventions and dicoveries dont come down from heaven. its the genius people who find a way to them.

for all those who still think its a crap, i am thankful that i atleast amused them. :slight_smile: