Blender Guru Competition: Ancient Civilization!

Thanks man appreciate it. to be fair I don’t have much of a life outside my computer haha

I second. Really good! should look awesome by the deadline if you keep working on it. keep it up!

And my WIP thread
Requesting feedback

Pas besoin de le prendre mal, je dis juste que des choses peuvent être améliorées, comme les textures ! On dit que les français sont râleurs, mais faut pas s’étonner pourquoi ^^ !

Not to sure what else to add to it without unbalancing the composition. Any suggestions would be great.

Heres my WIP http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?302750-A-Pirates-Life-BlenderGuru-Contest-WIP
Hope pirates are allowed:)

Hi. I want to ask what time period is suitable because I was planning to do something not so “ancient” but from the end of the 18th century.

Peux-tu poster quelques exemples de tontravail, pour je puisse voir ce que tu veux dire. Attention, celadoit être TON travail.

ancient civilizations[TABLE=“class: vk_txt ts”]

Web definitions
[TABLE=“class: ts”]
[TR]
[TD]In ancient history, ancient civilizations cover: * Ancient Egypt **Predynastic Egypt (9,000-4200 BCE) **Protodynastic Period of Egypt…

[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I am literally taking the ancient civilization topic with a grain of salt.

I mean Price says ancient and historical. Well both are very broad topics. Ancient can be defined sure by a set period. Historical can be anything - 9/11 for example is historical in a way.

Given as Price says castles, etc. are allowed on the actual website link it’s not “ancient” in the literal sense.

i don’t think so.
because Nazi,Americans,French still exist…
so no ancient thing in it…

Can we export uvs to gimp or photoshop to layout textures?

ancient history would refer to medieval things such as knights, castles and the such, or stone age things or vikings, not things like 9/11, the american revolution or WWI

Actually anything medieval wouldn’t be considered ancient by most historians. The term ancient has been agreed upon by historians as date A to date B - it doesn’t include later occurrences because they look “cool”.

So everyone would pretty much have to scrape - except for one person I believe who is doing ancient Egypt - their projects because that isn’t ancient as historically acknowledged.

So this contest is faulty. Be nice if Price could clarify what exactly he meant by ancient - as the poster blackcat said, historical and ancient aren’t even close to the same thing.

true, enough but I think the line would be drawn at medieval (hell, why do I even care? my motif is old enough to be ancient :P)
But yeah, it would be nice if some clarification was provided.

My WIP:
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?303398-Building-the-Palace-Blender-Guru-Ancient-Competition

Here’s my WIP: http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?303710-Ancient-Civilization-Competition-Stone-henge-WIP

Hopefully I can do the subject justice! All comments + criticisms welcome!

Wow! This is stunning, keep it up. I’m sure by the deadline your image will look even better!

image is too sharp, try to make 3d pebbles, reduce noise, camera angle in x axis should be equal 90 degrees and try to expose more details by changing angle of sun

sry for my english