Blender Guru Contest - Felicia DS

Hello Blender community!

I’m gonna model a 3D Felicia for the blender guru competition: Video games. I don’t have much experience with 3D so my biggest objective is learn.

I spent some time collecting references and did some sketches. In the end choose a pose to go on.

In the next step I’ll make model sheets to get the overall figure.
Stay tuned.

I’m interest to see how you get on. I’d love to have a Morrigan model to play around with.

Oh, wait, that sounded way too perverted… >_<

The last pic is perverted.

Anyways, I’d love to see your progress, follow the active muscle quads if you;re gonna make the figure!
Above all, good luck.

Very rarely someone makes a character from the Darkstalkers series. I actually found a low poly model of Morrigan, but that’s not what this topic is about. Anyway, I’ll keep my eyes on this from time to time.

Thanks for the feedback dudes.

I made a bunch of sheets to model.

Tomorrow the modeling begins.
Stay tuned.

I know what you feel bro.
:slight_smile:

remember, that if you are going to do your last sketch as your submission, i’m not sure it will be accepted as it has to be family friendly. It is stated on the B-Guru competition site.

Good luck.

I think he will accept the odd 1 or 2…but he basically had to start adding that after one of the competitions received an alarming amount of blood and suicide renders :S

Good luck with it,

But yeah remember it has to be family friendly. Not sure exactly how far you can push that, but the pose in the last image is a tad risque I would suspect. maybe ask in the comments for the comp.

I can see how it can be risqué in the last sketch. Perhaps you can give it a dynamic pose as she attacks. That way it can be more acceptable to the masses.

I agree with you that the pose isn’t much family friendly. I will probably change to a more pin up style pose maintaining the same milk on body idea.

Thanks for the feedback dudes!

Hello!

I began the face. Right now I am focusing on the topology.
I’ll refine the figure later.

Attachments

I’m not sure it’s the pose that’s the primary problem, but the milk on the body idea. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure it will turn out great, its just the character is already rather suggestive. Considering what she’s wearing, or rather lack off it, I think she may already be close to what may be considered

Keep it family friendly. No overtly sexual or gory images allowed.
Covering her with a white fluid may push it over the edge, that’s all I’m saying.

But hey, I could be wrong, go your own way. It might not hurt to get some clarification on it from Andrew though (competition comments section). I must admit when I saw the competition I instantly thought to myself - so no Duke Nukem, Dead or Alive, Soul Caliber and definitely no Tifa then :eyebrowlift: