Blender has totally stopped working

Hi,
I’ve been using Blender for quite a while on my laptop with a minimum of problems, but recently it’s completely stopped working. The first windows pops up, gets to ‘continuing happily’, then an error message pops up. The error message is Vista’s standard ‘____.exe has stopped working’ thing, which really doesn’t help much.
The only thing that I’ve changed on my laptop recently that I suppose could have affected it was when I changed my video card driver while trying to get an old game to work, but I’ve changed it back and totally uninstalled and reinstalled Blender and it still doesn’t work.
I’m running Windows Vista with a Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Controller 0 (it’s an integrated graphics card. At least I think that’s the name of the card; it’s all the info I can find on it). But the things is, Blender has worked perfectly fine on this machine before; it’s just recently stopped working.
Bear in mind that any suggestions of ‘get another OS’ aren’t of any use to me, as for various reasons I need a Windows OS on my machine and I’m not installing an entire new OS just to get a single program working.

Deleted post. sorry.

Try deleting B.blend from //Blender/.blender folder.

%<

There isn’t one- there are 4 files called .bfont, .blanguages, .blog and bpymenus, and 2 folders called ‘locale’ and ‘scripts’.

.B.blend is the Startup file for default settings. If it’s not there Blender will generate a new one. Maybe, since you can’t get it to actually launch it can’t do that. Try sticking this one in there and see if you have any luck:

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/111/B.blend

Just be sure to rename it to “.B.blend”, a point before the uppercase B.

If that doesn’t solve it then in the “Vista has to close” error popup there should be a “More Info” button. Click that and Copy and Paste that message here.

%<

I renamed the file and put it in the right place, but it still doesn’t work. There isn’t any ‘more info’ button, just ‘close program’.

run the installer program again, with only it running (nothing else, not even Blender). sounds like you got a bum install. Be sure to install to the default directory. Be sure you are trying to run the upgraded version, and that you don’t accidentally have two Blenderversions on your PC.

[B]

run the installer program again, with only it running (nothing else, not even Blender). sounds like you got a bum install. Be sure to install to the default directory. Be sure you are trying to run the upgraded version, and that you don’t accidentally have two Blenderversions on your PC.

It didn’t have any effect; I even downloaded the installer again.
However, my computer has for some reason decided to give me details of the problem to me, but it doesn’t really mean anything to me. This is what it gives:

Product
blender.exe
Problem
Stopped working
Date
26/05/2007 17:16
Status
Not Reported
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: blender.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 45d57cdd
Fault Module Name: StackHash_317a
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 317a
Additional Information 2: 21e118b6e569ababc71e4296919352f4
Additional Information 3: 2af1
Additional Information 4: 4c4c0079ef4b80453dc6e569882e594b[/B]

oh yeah. that additional info is sooooo helpful. especially in 4: we see the third byte is a null. that explains it. :slight_smile:

I had the same problem a while back when I tried one of Omega’s Video drivers. After uninstalling his driver and reinstalling newest driver from my actual manufacturer the problem resolved itself.

Thanks, that worked! After trying 3 different versions of my graphics driver, I’ve finally managed to get it working again. Thanks.