Blender<>Headus UVLayout/RizomUV (B2RUVL)

B2RUVL_007
Not workin again…
Help!

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\B2RUVL\operators\uvlayout.py”, line 15, in execute
UVLBridge_IO()
File “C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\B2RUVL\functions\b2uvlayout.py”, line 101, in UVLBridge_IO
path_mode = ‘AUTO’)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 200, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword “use_mesh_modifiers_render” unrecognized

"

Hi , what version of blender 2.8 do you use ? and could you try with latest build https://builder.blender.org/download/blender-2.80-cd92f8ea4626-win64.zip

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\B2RUVL\operators\uvlayout.py”, line 15, in execute
UVLBridge_IO()
File “C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\B2RUVL\functions\b2uvlayout.py”, line 121, in UVLBridge_IO
uvlayout_proc = subprocess.Popen(args=[UVLayoutPath + ‘uvlayout.exe’, ‘-plugin,’ + uvlb_mode + ‘,’ + uvlb_uv_mode, temp_file])
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Git-cd92f8ea4626-28-Mar-00-40\2.80\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 756, in init
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Git-cd92f8ea4626-28-Mar-00-40\2.80\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 1155, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Не удается найти указанный файл

version: 2.80 (sub 51), branch: blender2.7, commit date: 2019-03-28 00:40, hash: cd92f8ea4626, type: Release
build date: 27/03/2019, 19:00
platform: Windows

OK - found, just fix your path to UVLayout in Add-on preferences. Path to UVLayout should be without uvlayout.exe. so something like this : yourdrive:\Program Files (x86)\headus UVLayout v2 Professional\

I have it, as needed …

Could you please make a screenshot of AddOn preferences?

Ok,work! :slight_smile:
Thanks

Addon updated to v008:
-Fixed error when import of “heavy” models from RizomUV to Blender give an error

1 Like

First of all, TitusLVR you are a kind wizard sir, thanks for your hard work! I downloaded the Blender to UVLayout bridge however and I’m having problems getting it to work properly. I’m on the 4/06/2019 2.8 Beta. cc73d59ad580

Upon attempting to export a mesh to UVLayout I get this error:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Also so you know what my preferences look like:

Hi,
So FrostedArt you have two problems, first one is on my side , second is on your side.

1. I have updated an addon to version 0.0.4 now export should work fine. Download v004 from gumroad, remove old version and install new
  2. You have to disable relative path checkbox when you select path. (see now you have Path: //…, must be C:\ …)

Many thanks!

Hi TitusLVR,

Your suggestions fixed my problem. I’m currently super tight on my budget but when I get a bit better in the Summer I will definitely donate to you (and actually purchase UVLayout instead of doing the 30 day trial I’m currenntly on) :wink:

Thank you again for your help and making my workflow that much smoother!

1 Like

I keep running into issues where my meshes export out to UVLayout but after UVL tries to open it it gives me an error that the mesh doesn’t have any geometry in it. image

I can open the mesh fine in 3ds Max so I’m not sure what the problem could be. I’m not blaming the add-on, just hoping maybe you could shed any light on what may be happening since you’ve seen the guts of things? Are there specific things that could be wrong with the mesh - like it needs materials assigned or something like that? This is even a mesh that has UVs and I just needed to make some updates.

lovely add-on. Would you consider RizomUV the best UV tool on the market right now ? I really want Blender to get improved UV tools but it seems its not going to happen anytime soon so im wondering if Rizom>UvLayout.

1 Like

I’ve used both and personally prefer UVLayout, but I admit that Rizom has a MUCH nicer UI and is much faster. Some of the features in UVLayout I’m not sure if there is an equivalent in Rizom, and vice versa. Really hard to say.

I have used UVlayout some years ago mainly for organic shapes, really loved it. Would you say UVlayout is better for organic models and Rizom more suited for hardsurface ?

I keep running into issues…

@Dheim: Could you share a blend file, because i need more info why it happened. Or if you can reproduce it - actions history.

@PolyGreen: For me Rizom is better for both purposes like organic or hard surface. Then amount of options and tools more less same and again in RizomUV a bit more(like magic wand selection tool for polygons). And there is one big difference - it’s workflow difference, in UVLayout nice when you “drop” element it dissapears from 3Dview and you always know, this part is mapped, i missed about it in RizomUV until i adjusted to new workflow. In RizomUV - replacement is isolation mode for selected. So UVL or RUV they are both the best. But for me RizomUV better.
PS: Native blender’s UVeditor is a mess.

2 Likes

@Dheim I ran into that same issue with some of my geometry but I found a way to bypass it, after clicking on the green Continue I’d just go back to Blender and at the bottom of the screen I believe there was an option to Edit UVs, I can’t quite recall what it was but it essentially seemed to force Headus to accept it the way it should from the get-go. After a couple of days that error seemed to go away but I’ll keep an eye out to see if it happens again in the future. Good luck!

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks!

Hey, after running I see errors. How fix it ?
Thanks for help.