Blender<>Headus UVLayout/RizomUV (B2RUVL)

Hi there, addon updated:
v012:

• Sent to rizomuv - use modifiers option - disabled.
  • For final UV - apply all modifiers before send.
  • For keeping modifiers - just send to rizomuv - it will send base mesh

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hey, i have an issue with ur addon probably with it. When im sending to rizomuv, everything is fine in Rizom i got mesh, it works fast but blender is crashing every time i hit Send to Rizom. I’m using blender 2.8 tried also with 2.8.1 crashed aswell any idea why? Thanks for help

I Check also on other computer same problem

Hello,

B2RUVL update to v.013:

• Fixed import when the active collection is hidden
  • Added view3d overlay text for rizomuv and uvlayout

Please download and install.

Thank you.

Hello,
Addon added on BlenderMarket.
Many thanks!

with recent 2.81 builds it gives this when trying to send to rizomuv :frowning:

1 Like

Can confirm that I get this as well.

Temporary solution is comment this line: (ui_tab=‘MAIN’ ) two times in b2rizomuv.py
So just add # simbol to it.

( # ui_tab=‘MAIN’, )

And i reccomend to use 2.8 version not 2.81 because it’s Alpha and things could change.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey there, started to use the addon to speed up my workflow, seems to work fine so far, however I could really use an option to not force quit Rizom upon save. If I have to work hours on a bigger scene I would like to save in Rizom every now and then, I dont even necessarily need to send it right away back to Blender, only when I am done. Hope I make sense! So it would be nice to have a bit more control over when stuff is being sent/synced between the apps, do you think thats doable?
Appriciate your work!

4 Likes

Hey, do Yoy plan make wersion working with latest 2.81?

No when i want export to RizomUV:

The file does not exist
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\B2RUVL\operators\rizomuv.py", line 27, in execute
    result = RUVBridge_IO()
  File "C:\Users\radi0n\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\B2RUVL\functions\b2rizomuv.py", line 143, in RUVBridge_IO
    axis_up='Y')
  File "H:\Blender\Blender2.81\2.81\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "ui_tab" unrecognized

Yep, for sure , but now it’s still alpha and things could change. But i will do a temporary version for 2.81 because a lot of people asking about 2.81 version.

2 Likes

Hi,
Addon was updated to 0.1.4:

• Blender 2.81 compatibility fix

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hu Titus, Ive purchased you addon. It doesn’t work with some meshes - somehow rizom viewport is emtpy, while some do work. I’ve noticed that when I use fbx to transfer mesh to rizom, it sometimes crashes even with ~50k models. While obj does work. Can you please add obj option? I know it can handle only 1 uv, but in most cases it’s enough.

Do your meshes have modifiers on them? I’ve noticed that, at least in the past, there were some issues with modifiers being on meshes. I think Titus did a lot to fix them but maybe there are still some modifiers that cause problems.

I work with hardops/boxcutter workflow, and sometimes in topology there are strange errors, not just orphant vertices or double vertices. Blender doesn’t care, but I’ve found that some errors can be ignored by Rizom in obj but no if fbx. Those errors can be ignored easily as I don’t make objects for game engine.

spending almost 1 hour for unwrap, pressed “Ctrl+s” and blender still frozen, great addon

Yep, sorry for this, i will research this problem, but in this case even if blender crushes you can find your unwraped mesh it the temp folder(c:\Users<your name>\AppData\Local\Temp\Blender2RUV_TMP_out.fbx ) and import. And maybe i will make some recovery function for bridge in case of crashes.
Thank you.

First time I try to send over a mesh with 2.81 and getting this error.

You are using not the final version of addon. download version - 014 from gumroad.

Correct, my bad, wasnt paying enough attention!
Working fine now, thanks for the quick reply!