blender in XP

i have a question…i am thinking of going upgraded from win98 to XP :stuck_out_tongue: my question is will the blender2.23 verson that i downloaded for win98 platform will still run in XP :-? if not then what should i do? :-?

Don’t fret, it’ll work fine. I did the same, and anyway I think that there was only one Blender Windows version.
Adues,
WeWa

[quote=“kos”]i have a question…i am thinking of going upgraded from win98 to XP :stuck_out_tongue: my question is will the blender2.23 verson that i downloaded for win98 platform will still run in XP :-? if not then what should i do? :-?[/quote

It will work just fine. My only recommendation is that you dump the stock XP display drivers and download the newest drivers from your cards manufacturer or video chipsets manufacturer. At least in the case of the XP nVidia drivers, they were dog slow in Blender.

SatoriGFX.

HAHA beat ya to it Satori! hehehe.
Adues,
WeWa

HAHA? And hehehe? How old are you? 12?

I didn’t realize that this was a contest.

SatoriGFX.

Some people are no fun…

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My only recommendation is that you dump the stock XP display drivers and download the newest drivers from your cards manufacturer or video chipsets manufacturer.

Not only is it recommended, it is required. Microsoft stripped all OpenGL goodness out of XP. A driver upgrade is the only way to get hardware acceleration back…