Blender/Indigo Issue

hey there… been working on my R8 project, and for some reason, when i go to render my scene in Indigo, i get a Memory Allocation Failure message popping up and in the log text… my first assumption was that this could be my graphics driver. im running on a vista Laptop with and Intel GMA X3100 onboard graphics… 3GB DDR2 RAM and a DC 2GHZ Processor… anyone know the problem, why it is doing this…?

thanks to anyone who can help me…

no-one know any way to help?

Well, a lot of members here don’t necessarily use Indigo … and some of those that do, don’t know of, or how to fix, this issue.

You might get faster and more helpful answers on this over at the Indigo forums.

Either do as Cire says (I’d recommend that, too) or post more informations. We basically know nothing about your setup - does the error occur only on this scene? Always? Can you post a blend or a screenshot? Did you consider that Indigo might use loads or RAM and that even 3GB are not enough (unbiased rendering does indeed use loads of RAM). Why did you think of a graphics driver error at first?
Personally, the error never occured to me but a search on the Indigo forums will surely be helpful.

ok… sorry for being vague… my setup is as follows…#

Acer Aspire 5920
Vista 32Bit with SP1
2Ghz Core2 Duo
3GB DDR2 RAM
Intel GMA X3100

running Blender 2.48 Release version
Indigo v1.1.16

ill attempt to answer your other questions…

does the error occur only on this scene? Yes… but this is the only scene i have with this much detail…, as im not very well established into Blender/3D

Always? Yes… for this scene… without fail…

Can you post a blend or a screenshot? i was going to post a screenshot… but it seems Indigo doesnt actually want to work… its not going Non-Responsive… would you like the .blend? ill only post it if i know you will come back and look at it…

Did you consider that Indigo might use loads or RAM and that even 3GB are not enough (unbiased rendering does indeed use loads of RAM). Well… the RAM is nowhere near being used… and the change happened when i added a small box into one of the light sections… wasnt many faces at all… and before that… it was only using about 2GB of my RAM… bearing in mind that Vista uses almost 1GB of that for idle processing…

Why did you think of a graphics driver error at first? what else could it be… its an inbuilt graphics chipset, and not a proper card, and it has been playing odd with hardware errors in the past few months…

anything else you want to know?

So if you remove that box, does it render successfully, again?

If so, what is different about that box? … no material assigned? … textured without UV coordinates? … need to have normals flipped or scale applied?

absolutely nothing is different about the box… its added on as part of the mesh with the light, so it uses the same material… but at the moment, im only doing clay, so thats the same as the rest of the car. none of the car is UV’d at all, as im just running with simple materials… i havnt messed with the normals at all, and always make sure they are facing outwards using CTRL+N to recalculate them… im not too sure on what it could be…

Again, does it render if the box is removed? If so, we know there’s something with that object that’s causing an error. If not, we would have to look at other possibilities.

Unrealbeing - did you get your issues sorted? Hit me up if you’re still stuck. :slight_smile: