I am new in the forum and I am starting my transition specially from 3dMax to Blender.
I am an architect from Brazil but based in Barcelona and work mainly with architectural visulizations so I woud like to ask you a few questions:
- Is it easy to import models from Revit, SketchUp and Rhino3D to Blender? What are the bet formats to do so 3DS and DWG?
- As I’ve been working with 3DMax and V-Ray for the last decade I have a pretty big library of models and shaders is it possible to import them to Blender using Cycles as render engine? How do the shaders come?
- Is there any type of Proxy engine in blender? I mean in a complex scene with some hundreds of trees how should I proceed? Is there a way of exporting them to proxy?
- Is there a place where I can buy some plugins? I am used to ForestPack Pro, RailClone Pro and CGSource Floor Generator where I should find such kind of tools?
- Finaly, where can I find some good tutorials about texturing, lightning and renderings?
Thank you very much, I am very excited with this new experience and pretty motivated!