Blender is a bitch...

Did OP just post this thread to let some steam out or to actually solve this problem??? Being that he’s nowhere to be seen.

i think he just wanted to dump some frustration :slight_smile: ive been wondering why this thread is still going for a while now xD
i get him though, some times you just got to let it out.
i had to do it not long ago when UV mapping haha xD

Guys! You have been so helpful! This forum is so awesome. I managed to recreate the work after some 1-2 hours. Next time I will know better what to do.

At the moment I made the thread I was a bit frustrated. I love Blender, it is nice.

Yeah, that might be it. Thanks, I will try.

Thank you so very much sir, but it is ok.

I’m here now and I have been a bit lazy these days. I was really angry at Blender, but I know I was the one at fault.

Guys! You have been so helpful! This forum is so awesome. I managed to recreate the work after some 1-2 hours. Next time I will know better what to do.

At the moment I made the thread I was a bit frustrated. I love Blender, it is nice.

Yeah, that might be it. Thanks, I will try.

Thank you so very much sir, but it is ok.

I’m here now and I have been a bit lazy these days. I was really angry at Blender, but I know I was the one at fault.

You are right! =)

I think those situations have caught everyone out at some point. I know it’s certainly happened to me on more than one occasion.

Some people experience pauses with more complex files, especially if the save frequency is fairly high. So space it out a bit more. But leave it on. Make a manual save whenever you have a significant change in the project, regardless of the autosave.

I realise that’s not as easy as it sounds when you’re really interested in what you’re doing. But once you get used to it, it’ll become automatic.

If there’s one thing I’d advise against, it’s working when you’re tired or stressed. Unless it’s absolutely necessary to get it done. At that point it’s usually better putting the project away for the night/day. Even simple projects can demand concentration and memory. And they’re going to get compromised when you’re sleepy or grumpy. :slight_smile:

Ouch I had the same thing happen to me not long ago. I was animating a character and without realizing it I deleted the saved animation data from the dope sheet. Needless to say I keep at least one backup save file know to help cover my bases.