Blender is contagious!

Hee hee hee, I just thought it was bazaar that my normally stoic and unimpressed sister would actually be interested in Blender. But the fact that it went open source (something this “quintessential programmer” never even looked into because it wasn’t “main stream”) and I got her to look at the sources, she’s actually intrigued, LOL.

It doesn’t sound like much, but to me, it’s amazing. I think her head has been in a Unix hole (big corporation programming) for way too long. The world has passed her by and she is just realizing that there is another, very viable approach to development.

Well, OK, she isn’t completely convinced that Open Source is real, LOL, but at least she knows what it means now, LOL

Wild, man, really wild :oP

Thats cool Ingie!!! :wink:

I think that more and more ppl are going to be changing their minds about Blender. And, as you pointed out, not just the artist types, but now that its open, programers as well.

So, if any programing types in the past didn’t like Blender because of (or lack of) feature x or featur y, now they have no reason to bitc#, and all the more incentive to roll up their sleves and get down to work!!! :wink:

I still think, however, that the best way to change the majority of minds out there in Blender’z favour is for the artistic community to make some awesome animations and stills. Something that will hopefully be easier now that we will, once again, be getting new versions and better toolz, not that iv ever had any issues with The Great B!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

eeehhmm :-?

an old programmer that locked herself up and throwed away the key ? 8)

LOL

We’re not THAT old, LOL Hee hee hee but of course, we arn’t that young anymore either, LOL.

I’ve noticed that people in general seem to know what I’m talking about when I mention that I do artwork in Blender.

In fact, a programmer friend of mine has been using Blender for a while to design real world woodworking projects, but he hasn’t had an update since 1.6 or so. Now he’s up to date, and his comment was, “Open source, huh? Now it’s going to get really good.”

It would be interesting to see some of the blender work he has done, and perhaps some of the finished woodwork to compare them.

Does your friend have anything out on the web?

Regards,
Mike

I’ll ask him. Really, I need to get him on elysiun.

I’m sure he’s got something on the web, but I think he models for detail, not for beauty.

detail is beauty, silly!

All I meant was that he is recording shapes, not texturing or lighting.