Blender live in a Cinema in Paris - SCREENSHORTS 2022 first edition

Playing with Blender and watching animated movies on a big screen in a cinema, this is the very first live event that i’m launching, November 18 ! (EN subtitles available in the video)

The idea is to reproduce in a cinema the daily life of an animator : searching for inspiration and learning by watching other people’s work, and then creating a new arwork based on the things we just learned. But this time, the animator has a whole audience to help for the analysis of the movies, and everything happens live on a big screen !

I’m starting small, and most of the content is in French but I hope that the international community will like it, and that I will find the funds to make an international event one day !
I will be talking at the Blender conference this Thursday. Maybe I will find some sponsor there for a future international edition ! If you are at BCON22, please poke me there !

The concept :
We watch animated movies together, I take some screenshots during the films, and then I show the screenshots and we discuss about them with the audiance, to exchange ideas. In the End, I create an artwork with Blender, streamed live on the big screen, based on the ideas we shared while watching the screenshots. I will use mostly Greasepencil and draw live.

3 Likes

Too bad I missed that even , sounds super interesting !
Do you plan to do others ? how does it went ?