[Blender LoopTools>Circle] Method Option: the difference between Best Fit & Fit Inside?

I’m currently doing some testing and comparisons between different softwares tools to convert selections into circle (Like Modo Radial Align tool, Maya Circularize, Max Loop Tools Circle etc). Blender has these interesting options I mentioned in the title **Method (Best Fit, Fit Inside) ** but I couldn’t find a more detailed documentation and screenshots about these options within LoopTools Circle addon Circle - Crouch (google.com)

Can anyone provide some screenshots inside the program ! Blender doesn’t run properly on my old laptop I’m stuck with currently. Viewport overlays and such besides vertex highlights are …invisible.
Otherwise, I would have tried it myself

Try it and see for yourself.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, Blender doesn’t run properly on my old laptop I’m stuck with currently. Viewport overlays and such besides vertex highlights are …invisible.
Otherwise, I would have tried it myself :wink:

It depends always on what you final goal is.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/addons/mesh/looptools.html

P.S.: Blender should work fine on old labs in comparison to the other (paid) heavy duty software.

Can you provide a couple of screenshots for the Method option! That explanation in documentation it’s not very enlightening. Otherwise, I suppose I have to find an old version of Blender prior 2.8, which IIRC it worked pretty well.
Thanks in advance!

And nope, I mean outdated machine with outdated graphics. Max and Maya have some legacy modes for their viewports for these situations or/and compatibility launching options and surprisingly works on my old laptop even if Photoshop doesnt lol

maybe this can help.

1 Like

Ok I got the 2.8 to work on my old laptop and did some testing. So, I don’t know how explain what those options really do. Here are the results: