Blender Material Preview

Hi lsscpp… it is a good idea!.. but i have to admit i’m still learning Blender and i still have to try that area… in a week or so i’ll post the updated Material Preview Scene, remember is free to use and improve, so if anyone wants to help on unwrapping when i post the new scene, is more than welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions!

that’s a good idea lsscpp, but i have to admit that i’m still learning Blender and i haven’t cover that area. In a week or so, i’ll post the updated Blender Material Scene and remember is free to be used, modified and improved… so if anyone wants to help on Unwrapping, is more than welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions!

Actually your work seems to me already brilliant, the UV stuff would be just a topping on the cake.

and besides,

yep, cool!
Can’t wait for the .blend, i plan to use it for testing Luxrender materials
Bye

hi tuqueque, i was wondering… any news? :slight_smile:

Hello.

Sorry for the delays… is just that i’m making more cool stuff than i was planned!..

The Material Preview Object was made almost from scratch, a lot of topology glitches disappeared… Now the scene is much more “physically correct”, it takes exposure and gamma into account, it has DOF and Glare… as close to a real photo as possible…

Just a little sneak peek…
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5236/goldag3.jpg

Please excuse the delays again, give me one more week to nail down a couple of things and i’ll release this new version :slight_smile:

Thanks for your interest!
tuqueque

that material preview could be very useful… well done!

looks very realistic… linear workflow discussions paying off?

Wow. Looking really nice. This could be official!

Yes, I agree!

very professional looking scene, congrats. To test SSS, is better if the test mesh has different thicknesses.

Hey, thanks :slight_smile:

looks very realistic… linear workflow discussions paying off?
Definitely!!! :wink:

Just finished another render…

About SSS testing, that’s the reason for the Sub-surface bar :eyebrowlift:

But as it was suggested earlier in a post by Eclectiel, i’m planing on create a couple extra scenes, one with fluids for better testing SSS and liquid materials in general… and another scene with a nice cloth for testing fabrics and alike…

First i’ll post this scene, be patient for the other two… Right now “proyecto tuqueque” is taking a lot of my free time so i’m juggling to finish this scene and the small documentation PDF in the next days. :slight_smile:

Greets
tuqueque.

Can`t Wait! ok i can but still

…can’t wait too… :wink:

:slight_smile: hello, one more time sorry for the delays, i’m quite full of work right now and here at Maracaibo is sort of “rainy season” which causes energy breaks from time to time… besides an unnatural disaster worst than any storm… Hurricane Hugo Chávez has made public services really deplorable and electricity is one of the most affected. (sorry for the rant).

The good news is that I’m done with the Solid Material Scene and almost done with the Cloth and Fluids scene, i just have to add some bubbles in the fluid and SS bar in the Cloth and Fluids scenes… Then, finish some renders, update the Documentation… and that’s it :)… I’m actually not working on proyecto tuqueque just to finish the Blender Material Scenes in my free times.

Thanks for the interest and support!
tuqueque

Very nice work :slight_smile:

Though, think i prefer the matt blender logo without the material in the centre as it give a nice reference without any distraction.

If you want any help with anything, feel free to PM me :slight_smile:

Hmm…That should be useful. I’ll be waiting for you to let me download the thing.

I’m waiting…

still wating, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a little answer for THIS questions…

Actually no, not necessarily… with a little of imagination and a little of blurry refraction here, transmission there, sss… you could get a nice SSS effect where the SSS bar would be of good help. This image bellow is an early test and demonstrates the idea… Besides, when volumetrics developing is done, you could do more realistic tests :stuck_out_tongue:

See the SSS bar how it looks in different parts of the object where the thickness of the material changes

Thanks, here’s a wire shot…

Greets, tuqueque

Looks great - I look forward to getting my hands on the download! :smiley:

me too. looks pretty usefull.

What would you think about adding a scale indicator blenderunits wise, a little like in this picture, though it might be done to look a little nicer:
http://jeffpatton.cgsociety.org/gallery/417917/