Blender mirror

Hello everyone.
Wow, it has been a while. Its been over a year since I was last on blenderartists.org
At any rate, I used to run a blender mirror and I had a good deal of people using it. I am starting my personal website over right now and I’m curious is there would be any demand for one again. I have 20GB of storage that I will never use. Please let me know if you are interested.

ofc. theres allways demand for such things…! :smiley:

i guess its useful but i personally think its unneeded as blender.org has everything already categorized and hosted as is

well, depends if hes thinking of something more like the uploader.polorix.net then i disagree with you, if he only means mirroring blender, then depends, is he going to host development/svn versions too…? :smiley:

ok well thats a different story right there, from what i gather the talk is about blender itself, not a public upload (which btw was a neat idea)

I was referring to a public upload, not a mirror of the blender software itself…I suppose I should have made myself clearer. Unfortuantely, I have been trying to set up my uploader script on my server, and it won’t let me upload .htaccess files or upload.cgi files. I will be looking for other solutions in the near future.

Also, I am willing to host whatever file extensions you would like. Just post the extension and I will enable it for upload.

.blend and .py and perhaps a few video formats that bledner can handle, for starters this should be enough, oh, and i guess .jpg and .png well, the common blender/graphics related formats… :slight_smile:

with only 20 gb of space you will run out fairly fast… and how much bandwidth are you looking to allocate to this service?

Yes, I’ve realized that and today I purchased a 100GB account with 1TB of bandwidth. Honestly though, I had a hosting account with 5GB on the old uploader, and I still had plenty of space left when I shut it down. Unless you are planning on hosting 500MB movies and such, I don’t think it will be an issue. But that’s not the point of this. I intend to allow video uploads, but the main idea is to host your .blend files and other file extensions that are difficult to find hosting for.

Stay tuned, I will continue to inform you all as things progress.

Uploader is up and running. I have enabled the following extensions: gif,jpg,jpeg,png,pdf,txt,doc,rtf,zip,7z,blend,mov,avi,wmv,bmp,py,doc,tar.gz,mp3,wav. You can access at www.samguzman.com/upload. Enjoy.

internal server error

Strange, it was working find last night. I tested it out several times. Sorry…update coming soon.

Got the same error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

:stuck_out_tongue: same here, and no-problem… im sure you’ll get it fixed…!

Wow…I found out what the problem was. My little file host was violating the terms of service. I’m paying for the server space, I should be able to use it as I please! I want a refund. Sorry guys, looks like I will have to put this project on hold temporarily. I will keep working on it.

Alright everyone, I just purchased an account with plenty of space and 3TB of bandwidth. I will be setting up the script soon. I made sure before I bought the plan that I would be able to use it as a file repository.

cool, good luck

The uploader is back and working. I’m sorry for the whiplash. File upload max is 250mb. Hotlinking is allowed, but I prefer it if you only hotlink to images or smaller files. You are allowed to hotlink to videos if you absolutely must.

Please contact me if you would like a specific file extension enabled.

sh33p

ok, thanks :slight_smile: