Blender model to interactive web page element

Hi everybody, been a few months since I touched blender and visited here. I hope everyone is doing well.

I was talking with one of the marketers at my company about our web page and how they want to update it. When he mentioned how awesome it would be to have 3d examples of the devices we make that users could rotate around “like you see on real estate websites for the 3-d tour inside the house”, I mentioned I had dabbled a little bit with 3d design. I showed him some examples and now he’s excited.

I need to know if there is a reasonable way to put a model from blender online so the user can either press buttons or use the mouse to rotate around it. If there is such a way, can you please point me in the right direction to learn about this.

3DNP (3D No Plugin) is nice and easy to set up. It uses javascript to control the interaction. I think it is currently only available for 2.49, but you should be able to set it up in 2.49, then save and move it to 2.59 for rendering.
http://www.thoro.de/page/3dnp-introduction-en

EDIT - Actually, I just checked, it is for 2.59 now :slight_smile:

Thanks organic! I think this is just the solution we would need. Man i love blender!