⚠ Blender NPR guru LightBWK needs our help, help him avoid becoming homeless

Light BWK has been a community cornerstone in the Non-Photorealistic Rendering (NPR) Blender community, but now he faces personal disaster and he needs our collective help. Due to unforeseen circumstances he will be homeless soon and in order to build a ‘tiny house’ on his family’s land he needs to raise some funds. If you can afford it, please consider making a small donation and help a fellow Blenderhead in his time of need.

Please read the full story on BlenderNation make a small donation if you can afford it.

15 Likes

damned i wish i could help :pensive:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, dude does good work. Gave a few bucks and hope others will do the same.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this Bart!, i wish him all the best

1 Like

Everything in that story is so vague. He was planning to build that house for a long time ago? And now he is going to be homeless for some unknown reason. Besides, building something on your family’s (he doesn’t own it?) land is a very bad idea. I would never give money to anyone based on that story.

1 Like

LightBWK has been an amazing, selfless contributor to Blender NPR and Blender in general for a long time, so the least we can do is try to help out! I’ve donated, and please do the same if you can afford it!

3 Likes

Any way to support via paypal?

He had sustained an injury to his right arm. That arm was limp for over a year and it looks like it needs more time to recover (I once had same injury in my left arm). An injury hindered him from artworks and other activities, as he is right-handed.

1 Like

This is Sage Light Bwk’s Paypal.
https://www.paypal.me/LightBWK

1 Like

Anyway, I donated twice. One to his GoFundMe and the other to his Paypal, as I thought of his struggles. I will donate again one or two more times, no matter your opinions.

3 Likes

Nice, thanks.

1 Like

Link below is for Sage Light Bwk’s Tiny Home fundraising. Please see that he finally gets his tiny home coming to him. Better a tiny home than a rental apartment in any city that eats too much money.
Hit here to Sage Light Bwk: GoFundMe.

If you can afford any second small donation to see him through struggles, while he has a disability that requires time to recover. He has a year ago sustained an injury to his right arm. That hindered him from artworks and other activities, and broke him financially. He needs financial help and more time to recover from an injury. If possible, please donate in dollars or euros, stronger currency than Mayalsian currency.

3 Likes

Wow - I didn’t know about this guy till I saw this story. Now I’ve searched out their site and youtube channel and website - NEITHER OF WHICH MENTIONS THIS CATASTROPHE! Like - they have a video for the tiny house - why isn’t it on the BNPR youtube channel?

Wish I could help more of course… hope this works out.

3 Likes

Some people like him are too proud to ask for help. He asks for help only when he is on his last leg standing.

2 Likes

I get that - but … you’re allowed to ask for help - he does a lot for the community and this is our chance to give back in his hour of need.

3 Likes

Still around 1000 dollars for the 4K target. We can make it, go go go!

3 Likes

Karma works!

I donated a couple of days ago. Anyway I admit the story is a bit dangling…
I guess not everybody is a master of public relations and marketing…

3 Likes