Blender on Android ?

It seems to me that porting Blender to Android wouldn’t work, but it would still make lots of sense to port Blenders to Android. In the tablet world, app-switching has become easy and common practice, perhaps because it’s more streamlined.

Modes are the bane of Blender design nerds, but that’s simply how things need to work on a touch-screen platform. It isn’t that you can’t make Blender work with just a touch input, you just can’t make it do everything. You can have an app that does simple compositing, one that does lighting in a streamlined fashion, one that displays scenes and allows very minor edits, one for animation, one for painting textures, and so on, but you probably can’t make one that does all of them at once, or even ultimately be feature-complete (rendering certainly wouldn’t be practical on a tablet (though cloud rendering would)). The design would by nature have to throw out the whole notion of flexible interfaces for the sake of streamlined workflow-based design.

Who knows, maybe the core Blender would actually learn something from it.

I have been using Blender 2.79 with Blender for Android. It take a lot of patience because I am going using mirco sd card. It lose the file during saving sometimes. In addition, I have not gotten the Open ES configured correctly for sound and need some guidance. Blender for Android functionality is base on the android device configuration. For example, the number of layers you can used is limited as well as number of objects on the screen such as tracking camera use of objects to track.