Blender or Aftereffects

hi,
is compositing easier in blender or after effects… is blender is higher end compositing tool ??? :eyebrowlift:

afterfx is like photoshop with a timeline, it has several features that make it easy to use when doing a lot of stuff…

you can make compositions which can be re-used in other compositions, it has lots of post processing plugins (and many more from 3rd parties)

afterfx also has a really nice render queue feature…

blender’s sequencer is quite simplistic, but will often work in a more “realtime” way… scrubbing at full quality…

blender has a node based compositor that is a work paradigm that many prefer to a “layered” stack…

blender is free, afterfx costs quite a bit… blender works on linux…

Try them both and decide. Only you can. :slight_smile:

Personally if I’d got the cash it would be CS5 Production Suite. Fantastic value for money, how many apps? Then use Blender for the 3D.

AE motion tracking, Blender, none :frowning:

Blender, full 3D, AE 2.5D

i frankly like them both for different reasons, personally my ideal workflow uses blenders file output nodes to be sent to AE for being comped together. i find that AE kicks butt for any green screening work. working on things like depth field and doing parrelax shots i find are easier in blender. AE also makes it easy to really mess with time and opacity of the different parts of a shot

Considering that a similar thread by the same user has been recently posted on the news forum and the topic was thoroughly discussed, I’m only wondering why this person keeps asking the same thing!