Blender.org Gallery - Call for Submissions

Well, after all of the discussion in this thread, we have a new maintainer for the blender.org gallery… Me! :slight_smile:

There have been a number of submissions to the gallery in the last few months, and I’m going through them as best I can. However, a lot of submissions were lost to a hard drive crash. So now it’s time to start anew! If you have an image that you’d like to have put in the gallery, go and make a submission. There’s a lot of good work being submitted, so there’s no guarantee that your submission will get in the gallery, but that’s no reason not to try! I’m still working out the logistics of submitting animations, but I’ll update this post once something is figured out in that regard.

Deadline for new image submissions is Friday, 22 September 2006. With any luck, we’ll have an updated gallery by Monday. Good luck!

I’m making this an announcement for you Fweeb.

BgDM

However, a lot of submissions were lost to a hard drive crash.

Bummer man. So does this mean we should also submit every work we’ve already submitted the last 4 or 5 (?) months?

Anyway, good luck. You’ll need it.

Sago

Thanks, BgDM.

Just the best ones. :wink:

Except for my ‘Sculpture with Big Erection’ I think I can come with some nice submissions.

Cheers,
Sicko

The strangest thing. Yesterday I submitted some of my works, but even now I haven’t received any of the email-notifications (normally I’d have them by now). So what’s up? Any ideas?

I’d love to make a submission…however… I don’t think it would be appreciated.

That’s strange. I don’t know. You submissions did make it through, though. I’ll see what I can find out about the notifications.

The strangest thing. Yesterday I submitted some of my works, but even now I haven’t received any of the email-notifications (normally I’d have them by now).

Yep, me too, I submitted 5 images and no one notification.

same for me too. no notification…

Still working on figuring out why notifications aren’t happening. However, all of your submissions have made it through. They’re actually really fun to look through. :slight_smile:

We had changed mailboxes for the gallery submissions and the new box didn’t have an auto reply yet. It has been fixed now!

Have fun,

[email protected]

Is the gallery on a windows or linux server?