Blender-osm: OpenStreetMap and terrain for Blender

add-ons

(vvoovv) #263

@bluecd
Thank you for using the blender-osm addon for a long time!

Could you please provide some criteria for that resolution adjustment? Additional details and use cases would be also good for that feature request

I’d suggest to use Blender’s Decimate modifier. Can someone propose a better idea?

(bluecd) #264

Ad.1 Well - depending IF there any choice within OpenStreetmap resources.
Importing from eg. Google Earth gives a choice for bitmap resolution /3 or 4 resolutions to chose from - afaik/,
as to terrain model - as precise as possible. I could not find more precise FREE elevation maps than 50m resolution though…

Ad.2 I meant sth like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctyyYj8KcL4

(bluecd) #265

Thanks a lot !
Could not test it so far but I surely will.

(vvoovv) #266

Elevetation data are not part of OpenStreetMap. It is a separate data set (please see here for the details). The resolution is roughly 30 meter. Terrain is imported as is, without simplification.

Got the idea now. I think it makes sense, so I’ve created a ticket for it. However I can’t say when it will be implemented because of the other important tasks I mentioned in the previous messages here.

(bluecd) #267

Thanks for your attention, I think i would be useful amendment to your addon ))

(vvoovv) #268

If you are interested in testing the blender-osm addon for Blender 2.8 and purchased the addon earlier please send a message to [email protected] Porting the addon to Blender 2.8 has been finished!