Blender-osm: OpenStreetMap and terrain for Blender

add-ons

(John 514) #283

I was gifted this just today. After a brief (and silly) problem I had and the quick reply I got on GitHub, I must say the results are very good… That is, visually. Unfortunately due to the way buildings are textured, I havent found a way to export them for use on any other app besides Blender. My goal is to use them as scenery in a game engine. Are there any plans for a game-friendly export feature? The only showstopper is the textures. Polycount and visuals are just fine.

Thank you for your work.

(vvoovv) #284

Hi @John_514,
Thank you for using the blender-osm addon!

Yes, export-friendly textures are planned.

(John 514) #285

Thank you, keep us posted please. :relieved:

(vvoovv) #286

@John_514,
I’ll certainly do. Stay tuned. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just bought and downloaded this add-on.
I’m using Blender 2.80 Beta.
The osm add-on loaded and is working but seems to be missing a module. I get this error in the console when I try to import an OSM terrain:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “,AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\blender-osm\gui_init_.py”, line 415, in poll
return “bpyproj” in (context.preferences.addons if _isBlender280 else context.user_preferences.addons)
AttributeError: ‘Context’ object has no attribute ‘preferences’

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “,AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\blender-osm\gui_init_.py”, line 418, in draw
import bpyproj
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘bpyproj’

It looks like this should be in the OSM folder. I don’t see it though, in either the OSM add-on download zip nor the assets.zip. How can I get a copy of it? Thanks.

(vvoovv) #288

@cwcal
Thank you very much for purchasing the blender-osm addon!

Back in December 2018 the Blender developer renamed the attribute user_preferences to preferences. Please install the latest Blender 2.80 Beta from https://builder.blender.org/download/

The second error (No module named ‘bpyproj’) is caused by the first one.

Please let me know if it solved your problem.

Great, thanks for the super-fast response. Maybe you had already said that above but I was unable to find it. I was able to get it to import buildings only in 2.79 just now, so I’ll update 2.80 and try again in 2.80.

After updating to the latest rev of Blender 2.80b, it is working now. Thanks!

(Peter Wegener) #291

Hi, I’m happy for this plugin.
One question: I want to use this data for the flight simulator X_Plane 11.
If I want to edit the objects e.g. with Sketchup, I export this data as Dae. That’s fine. The Material or the textures are not exported. Am I doing something wrong?
This plugin is expandable for the X-Plane, if word gets around, there will be a big market.
I’m looking forward to an answer.
Many greetings
Peter

ps.: sorry for my bad english, entered the text in deepl.com

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

(vvoovv) #292

@Peter_Wegener

Textures can’t be exported to popular 3D formats at the moment.
Please note that it’s explicitly mentioned in the product description:

There are numerous requests to implement export of textures to the popular 3D formats.
I’m implementing it right now. So stay tuned!

(Peter Wegener) #293

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I am exited to head that you are working on it already. I’ll eagerly wait for your updates.
Bests

(1D_Inc) #294

A question - where are (2.79 / 2.8 / basic / premium) versions are located.
It seems, there should be 4 places, but only two can be found, and there are no version specified.
Where I can get 2.79 premium?

(vvoovv) #295

@1D_Inc

Please use the download link in your purchase confirmation e-mail to get the latest version of the addon. I’ve just resent it to you for your convenience.
The premium version works both in Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.80 Beta. Similarly, the base version works both in Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.80 Beta.

Please install the latest version of the Blender 2.80 Beta to use it with the latest version of the blender-osm addon.

(Peter Wegener) #296

Hello

one question:

Can I restore the edited scenes to my locale OSM file?

The background is that I want to make some polygons transparent, e.g. to make sandbanks at sea coasts visible.
I want to export this change to my local OSM file again.

I would be glad about an answer.

Many greetings

Peter

(vvoovv) #297

@Peter_Wegener
It isn’t quite clear why you want to store the polygon transparency in the OSM file.
Simply save your scene in Blender to a .blend file so the transparency will be preserved.

(Peter Wegener) #298

Yes, I need the transparency for the export to a locale OSM file; this locale OSM file is the basis for the creation of flight sceneries. (X-Plane 11). The data is not uploaded to OSM.
Many greetings
Peter

(Peter Wegener) #299

Specifically, it is about the visibility of sandbanks on the seashore.

(vvoovv) #300

@Peter_Wegener
I’d advise to edit your OSM file in the desktop OSM editor JOSM.

(Peter Wegener) #301

Ok, thank`s for the Information