Blender-osm: OpenStreetMap and terrain for Blender

add-ons

(vvoovv) #61

Please read the first message in the thread.

(Yuri_S) #62

Hi! Can’t seem to make work =( When I try to import something I get an error:

(maclaud) #63

hi when i try to import a map containing height (ex: New York area or L.A. area) i get an error in blender (tried linux and mac) however if is a map without heigt it works smootly
claudio

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 625, in execute
self.read_osm_file(context)
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 705, in read_osm_file
bm = self.bm # if present, indicates the we need to create as single mesh
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 239, in parse
self.iterate(wayFunction, nodeFunction)
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 222, in iterate
wayFunction(way, handler)
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 236, in wayFunction
handler.handler(way, self, kwargs)
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 340, in handler
if thickness>0:
TypeError: unorderable types: tuple() > int()

(maclaud) #64

hello
i’m failing to import maps that contain height info and get this traceback:
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 625, in execute
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 705, in read_osm_file
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 239, in parse
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 222, in iterate
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 236, in wayFunction
File “/home/claudio/.config/blender/2.77/scripts/addons/io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 340, in handler
if thickness>0:

(FelipeDelRio) #65

I am getting an error message. What could it be?
I’m using Blender 2.77a

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\felipe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 625, in execute
File “C:\Users\felipe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 705, in read_osm_file
File “C:\Users\felipe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 239, in parse
File “C:\Users\felipe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 222, in iterate
File “C:\Users\felipe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 236, in wayFunction
File “C:\Users\felipe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_osm.py”, line 340, in handler
if thickness>0:

(vvoovv) #66

I reproduced the error. I’ll fix it as soon as possible.

(vvoovv) #67

The bug is fixed.
Please download the newest version of the add-on, install it and try it again.

(maclaud) #68

i just downloaded the fix #24 and it works great for me
Thankx vvoovv

(Aix) #69

I’d like to make use of the plugin for a free linux game is there any possibility to generate the roads mesh with a width

Thanks

(vvoovv) #70

@Aix
Currently that feature isn’t realized. The task seems for me too complex to be realized in my free time.

(<== Lost? Click Me) #71

Thanks for the addons vvoovv.

Anyone found osm with elevation data for crossing yet non intersecting roads? To more accurately show overpasses, turnpikes and the like.

(MichelWeber) #72

Anyone have example renderings using this add-on?

(burnin) #73

old quickie
dirty UI/UX notification alert test

(MichelWeber) #74

That almost hurts to look at.

(burnin) #75

that’s the purpose of alert… mission accomplished.
ever heard baby’s cry :wink:

(MichelWeber) #76

Yup - and that gets one’s attention quickly.

(septruiz) #77

Hi Guys,

I am having problems with the OSM import. I firstly tried it with Blender 2.77 (official release) and all I got (after intensive computer work) is an empty on the 3D stage. I’ve just installed the addon in Blender 2.78 RC1; when I import an OSM file, I get exactly the same result: an empty in the middle of Blender 3D stage. I have wanted to work with this addon for a while now, but I must be missing something for, so far, I haven’t been able to make it work at all; it only imports an empty (but with the correct name, see screenshot).

Has anybody experienced this same issue? The addon install and import without an error, although it takes a long time to actually import … the empty. Am I missing something? Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

Sept

(vvoovv) #78

@septruiz

Please upload your OSM file somewhere and provide a link for me to check it.

(vvoovv) #79

In the meanwhile, support for the OSM tags building:levels and building:min_level has been added.
Please download the latest version and try it out!

(septruiz) #80

Hi vvoovv,

Thank you for your response. No need to do that; I found the problem: the file was too large. For some reason, the OSM server was too busy or something and wasn’t serving; so I looked for a OSM file online and found a file called Buenos_Aires.osm; I didn’t notice the size initially for my tests, but when I checked it was 123 MB (totally my fault). Later on in the day, I finally managed to get a file from OSM.org (7 Mb) and that worked like a dream. To load just an empty seems the logical thing to do when the system cannot handle the file. Much better than crashing Blender or, even worse, the system as a whole.

Kudos on a great addon; I will follow closely its development.

Regards,

Sept