Blender PEBCAK Error

print(“Hello Blender World”)

bit of an odd post but am curious about a human aspect of blender…

I’ve been using blender for about 7 years now I know my way around the software and use the shortcuts as much as possible. One thing that always confounds me though is that if I ever have to use someone else’s computer my fingers seem to forget how to use the software, I can’t seem to get any of the shortcuts right and I look like something of a n00b who’s never used blender before. I don’t know if it’s because I’m using a different keyboard and mouse or what but as soon as I get back to my PC I’m fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a similar experience?

This is because your body learned the UI, not your mind (at least your mind already forgot).

As your body is trained solely to your own environment, a slight different setup can disturb your body that much that it is asking your mind.
You can pretty easy fix that by training your body on different situations.

I had that problem while typing my debit card pin. I do not really remember the numbers, but the sequence my fingers are tipping.
One day in a shop I was not able to enter the PIN as the keys looked that much different, that I was not able to enter the correct PIN. So I went to an ATM … that was fine.

Have you ever noticed, that keys on a phone are in top-down order while on computer it is bottom-up? Then try your Phone PIN on a keyboard ;).

Yeah, I had to change the PIN on my card because the layout was different and I was always somewhat disoriented when I needed to enter it. It’s amusing, to me at least, how as well as you know how to do something it often comes down to muscle memory and routine over the intellectual side of things.

Anyway, it was just an observation.