Blender People Plugin - error Help

I found Blender -People Python pluging the other day http://www.harkyman.com/bp.html
installed all the rquired features and got this error, where am i going wrong. can anyone give me ideas i have no experience with mySQl, which might suggest something, but any help would be much appreciated.

Blender 2.33a, python 2.3.3
Blender People plug in 0.6
MySQLdb 0.92
mySQL 4.0
as suggested.

imported from text buffer...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GUI.py, line 21, in ?
  File "CheckDB.py", line 21, in CheckDB
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\cursors.py", line 95, in execute
     return self._execute(query. args)
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\cursors.py", line 114, in _execute

self.errorhandler(self, exe, value)
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 33, in defau
lyerrorhandler
     raise errorclass, errorvalue
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1044, "Access denied for user: '@localhost'
 to database 'dbactors'")

did you start mysql before executing the script? It has to run, you know?!
and I think you have to have administrator rights as well…

Of cours i have MYSQL initialised/started, i have no idea if i have set up administrator rights how do i tell that.?, when i installed mySQL i then clicked winmysqladmin.exe in the bin directory as told by instructions, then it starts and asks for a username and password.

ok i gave it some arbitary values
ok the it gives me mysql screen, and the little green light on the taskbar,

this is the stage i run the blend demo and python error occurs,

under ENVIROMENT tab in mySQL,

in the myODBC text box it says

not found
Driver 3.51 not found
does that mmean anything… im clutching at straws…

I fixed my problem. I just changed admin setting in control center

Hey there - that’s my script. I’m curious about your problem. What did you have to change your admin settings to? Originally, MySQL was installing on Windows boxes with passwordless access for localhost. I wonder if they haven’t changed their default.

If you can post here what your original settings were in MySQL CC and what you changed them to, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

You heard my problem… (still not sure how it works but it works :smiley: )

STEP BY STEP

starting with

winmysqladmin.exe

i opened mysql…

then encountered probs… with script,

so opened control center… for mysql…

and under USER ADMINISTRATION

Dbl-clicked opened - @Build and then set all priviladges, and allowed access to all (Global Privildges, mysql)

i then repeated these last two step for (@localhost, root@localhost)…

i am presuming the effective change was in the adjustment of @loacalhost

you scipt appeared to work at this stage. althoughstill a few bugs in the script. but otherwise it appeared to do what you claim… :-?

i think this scipt has some pretty big potential…

“Access denied for user: ‘@localhost’ to database ‘dbactors’”)

This is what it all boils down to. Your script attempted to log in to the database as (no-name) at (right-here), and the login attempt was refused.

You may have “fixed” the problem but I think you fixed it in the wrong way. You should be logging-in as some user-ID. (This is a MySQL user-id, not any name known to Windows/Linux.) You should not be granting access privileges to an un-named user.

No doubt the “checkDB” module, or some module imported prior to it, specifies the user. No doubt you didn’t fill it in.

Sorry - but that’s not the case. No user is specified (although there’s a commented-out line in checkDB that gives you a template if you need to specify one).

MySQL allows you to grant privleges to any user on the the localhost. That’s what BlenderPeople is configured to take advantage of. If MySQL changed their default installation privleges, then I’ll need to change the code and update the Docs. I’ll look into it this weekend.

sorry to bump but i have a q
I downloaded the script, do i have to download anything else, it comes up with check python database.
Im guessing all of Mysql isn’t in the 0.6 install, because i couldn’t find the .exe program talked about in the *.pdf file. Im a bit of a n00b to python and plugins
-amped

You have to download MySQL and the full Python installation on your own. The only thing that’s included with BlenderPeople is the Python to MySQL bridge. I believe that the documentation tells you exactly where to get the other parts you need.

I am also having trouble with BP script. I have the same error message, but I couldn’t find a way of fixing it.

When I open up MySQL Administrator Panel, it just asks for a Username and Password and which Server I want to connect to, I just entered a random user and pass, but it didn’t work.

So Please help!

I get an error when I try to use blenderpeople.
python script error, check console
with Import MySQLdb highlighted.

Blender 2.42, suse 10.1 linux, python 2.4
Mysql running, and the db installed from the GZ

Any help would be great, I REALLY need this script to operate for project I am working on.
Thanks