Blender refuses to start

Help!
I’ve been using blender for a while now with minimal problems and now all of a sudden it refuses to start!

I click on the blender icon from the start menu and blender tries to load. I get the dialog box and the main windows but then I get an error message before the rest of the UI loads.

Here is the information I get from the Microsoft error message, I hope it means something fixable:

EventType : BEX P1 : blender.exe P2 : 0.0.0.0 P3 : 46eba424
P4 : blender.exe P5 : 0.0.0.0 P6 : 46eba424 P7 : 00318667
P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7bad.dir00\blender.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7bad.dir00\appcompat.txt

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

Find the file B.blend and delete it.

%<

I can’t seem to find the ‘B.blend’ file, could you tell me where to find it?

It could be in:
C:\Program Files\Blender.blender
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Not a Number\Blender

%<

I still couldn’t find that B.blend file but somehow blender has started working again anyway. I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) and tried blender; nothing. I reinstalled blender again; nothing. I altered the ‘blender’ and ‘blender foundation’ directories and reinstalled blender and PRESTO, blender has started working again. It doesn’t seem to remember any of my recently opened files, but that’s a small price to pay in order to continue to work on projects that I’ve started months ago.

Thanks for your help. Though, for future reference what exactly was the problem supposed to be with the B.blend file? Just in case of future mishaps.

The B.blend is the file that saves all your settings. Blender reads it every time it opens. When this file gets screwed up, when Blender tries to read it, it encounters the error and cannot initiate.