Blender runtimes on OSX

I’m hoping someone can help me…
I created a runtime for mac on a PC using the multi-platform exporter. I then tested it and nothing seemed to work. I get this error in the terminal

dyld: /Users/emma/Desktop/untitled folder/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/
blender can't open library: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Is this a python thing? A lot of mac related threads in the forums talk about the blender and OSX python versions matching… does this also impact on runtimes?

It’s a missing C++ library, nothing to do with Python. You need to upgrade to 10.3.9 or higher.

Wow thanks, is this going to happen on other machines or is it just my mac not playing nicely? The machine does have 10.3.9, should I still be worried? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but should I be able to use a runtime made on a mac running blender and python 2.3 on another mac with python 2.4 (and vice-versa)?

Someone suggests here that the upgrade to Quicktime 7 can cause this:

http://www.blender3d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9173&sid=dafa2d52744cda6ade22031cb938c2c6

Maybe downgrading to version 6 would fix the issue.

I don’t know whether a runtime made with Blender compiled with Py2.4 will run one with 2.3. I would expect it to work the other way round though. The game engine keeps getting changed and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. The game engine in the Mac version was broken for quite a while at one point.